Header/Navigation Bar

Monday, December 30, 2019

Review: ColourPop Going Coconuts Collection

Hey Guys,
Today I'm going to share my thoughts on the ColourPop Going Coconuts Collection. Manny MUA did a review of the collection and I decided to pick up a few of the products. The collection includes an eyeshadow palette, a super shock shadow trio, 4 lip tints, a lip balm, and  a lip scrub. Keep reading to learn about the products that I picked up and  my thoughts on each.

ColourPop Going Coconuts Shadow Palette $12.00
Review: ColourPop Going Coconuts Collection 
Here is what is said about this product on the ColourPop site:
"Go loco for this toasted neutral 9 pan palette, perfect for your every day look. This super wearable palette is cute, compact, and ready for any look. This toasted cool-toned 9 pan palette will make you go crazy! "
Review: ColourPop Going Coconuts Collection

Here is a close up of the palette:
Review: ColourPop Going Coconuts Collection
shredded: creamy vanilla with silver pinpoints
palm reader: white with gold flip
coolada: cool taupe brown
lovely bunch: mid tone yellow brown
coco crush: icy pale champagne
shell ya: neutral ginger brown
get crackin': cool brown with silver flecks
da coco: icy bronze with violet pinpoints
nutty: deep umber


Here are swatches of the shadows:
Review: ColourPop Going Coconuts Collection
On to my thoughts:
I haven't really been interested in any of the 9 pan shadow palettes that have been part of the color collections. This is the most neutral palette from these new collections and is the first one that I liked enough to purchase. These colors are so pretty and ones that I gravitate towards on a daily basis. I love the warm matte brown transition/crease shades and the shimmers are gorgeous. You can easily crate a simple everyday look but also turn it into a night look. My favorite shades are  Palm Reader, Lovely Bunch, Coco Crush, and Shell Yeah. My only complaint is that I wish Shredded was a matte white with no silver glitter and that Coolada was a warmer brown. That being said, I have a ton of ColourPop palettes and this is one of my favorites.


Review: ColourPop Going Coconuts Collection
Here is what is said about this product on the ColourPop site:
"SUPER SHOCK SHADOW our famous long-wearing crème powder formula with a unique bouncy-like texture. it's super creamy, insanely pigmented, and has one swipe intensity with zero fallout."

Peekaboo- metallic ivory with silver glitter
A Little Quarky- peachy gold with blue and silver glitter
Deep Dive- bronze with purple and gold glitter

Here are swatches of the shadows:
Review: ColourPop Going Coconuts Collection
On to my thoughts:
I haven't been a fan of the super shock shadow formulas/shades lately. When ColourPop first launched these shadows years ago, they had more finishes available such as the satin formula. Now it seems like ALL of their shadows have a bunch of glitter which I am not a fan of.  Many are also more on the sheer side pigmentation wise. Satin and Metallic formulas are the ones I prefer. That being said, these aren't AS glittery as all of the other ones that I have purchased lately. A Little Quarky is my favorite of the 3 super shock shadows in this collection. It's such a beautiful shade. This is a great trio and all 3 are very wearable shades.

Coconut Beach Pressed Powder Bronzer $8.00
Review: ColourPop Going Coconuts Collection
Here is what is said about this product on the ColourPop site:
"Your new go-to for an instant sun-kissed look. this formula contains super velvety-soft powders which provide a natural tanned glow. it also contains spherical light-diffusing powders which roll over the skin and allow for even application, smooth blending, and prevents a dry or "cakey" look."
Review: ColourPop Going Coconuts Collection
Here are swatches of the shadows:
Review: ColourPop Going Coconuts Collection
On to my thoughts:
This is a neutral golden bronze matte shade. I haven't tried any other matte ColourPop bronzers aside from this one. The only other ColourPop bronzer that I have is a shimmery bronzer from one of their older duo palettes. Coconut Beach is a very natural looking bronzer shade for my skintone in the winter. I think it will be too light come the summer but right now it works really nice.

Overall, I have been really pleased with the products that I picked up from the Going Coconuts collection. The only thing that would make it even better is if all of the products were coconut scented. The next ColourPop product that I plan to pick up is the Bare Necessities palette.

You can purchase the whole Going Coconuts Collection in a bundle HERE

Have you picked up anything from the ColourPop Going Coconuts collection? Let me know below!

1 comment:

  1. clearly, It is an engaging article for us which you have provided here about Zero waste online store This is a great resource to enhance knowledge about it. Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...