Header/Navigation Bar

Thursday, January 30, 2020

Best of Beauty 2019: Skincare

Hey Guys,

Today I'm going to share part 2 of my Best of Beauty 2019; my favorite skincare products! Unlike makeup, I really try to use up all of my current skincare before trying something new. Because of this, I really don't try AS MANY skincare items as makeup items. That being said, I've tried some really amazing skincare brands/products last year! Like with my favorite makeup of 2019 (you can check those out HERE), I will list a more affordable option when I mention a higher end brand. I included images of the items discussed if I had them at home.  I also decided to add Fragrance and Hair Products categories to the bottom of this  post as I didn't think they needed their own. Keep reading to hear about the skincare & beauty products that I was loving the most last year!
Best of Beauty 2019: Skincare
Best of Beauty 2019: Skincare
Cleanser/Face Scrub
Derma E Purifying Daily Detox Scrub
I have been a fan of Derma E skincare for many years. I became a brand ambassador a few years go and have really loved a majority of their products. Derma E products are cruelty free, eco friendly, and many of their products are also vegan, gluten free, etc. They are also super affordable! I am really picky when it comes to the types of cleansers that I wash my face with each day. I always prefer a face cleanser that has some sort of grittiness to it as opposed so a silky creme cleanser or foaming cleanser. I just feel like they do a better job and my skin just FEELS cleaner. This is one of my favorite daily cleansers and I have been through a few of them. If you have sensitive skin you might prefer a more gentle cleanser like a foam but if you are like me you will love this! My skin feels so squeaky clean and it includes some amazing ingredients!

For a more heavy duty scrub that you wouldn't use everyday but more like a 1-2x a week I would highly recommend this one! I first discovered this in my Ipsy Glam Bag 7 years ago. It is a dupe for the Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion. It has a light lemon scent and you only need a really small amount. It polishes your face getting rid of all the dirt, grime, and dead skin making your skin feel as soft as a baby's bottom!

Toner
Pixi Glow Tonic Toner
I have tried a bunch of different toners but this has to be my favorite. It makes my skin look radiant and healthy without drying it out or irritating my skin.

This is another great toner that is super inexpensive and works really well. It can be purchased at the drugstore and comes in a few different formulas like Lavender.

Serum
I got this in one of my BoxyCharm boxes and use it once a week. It does have a slight burn/tingle but it goes away after a few seconds. When products have that type of sensation, it tells me its doing something. A lot of skincare I use as preventative. Since I'm in my early 30's I'm doing all that I can to keep my skin looking youthful without getting botox injections etc. That being said, I'm not a huge skincare guru but I really don't know alot about skincare. I just know that I should be using serums and such to make my skin look healthy and to try to fight the signs of aging.lol 

This is a great hydrating serum. It has a nice scent and isn't oily or sticky. It soaks right into my skin and makes it feel really nice and hydrated. It still feels pretty hydrated the next morning when I wake up.

Eye cream
This is one of my favorite eye gels that I have purchased over and over. It makes my under eyes feel super hydrated and it isn't too tacky.
Best of Beauty 2019: Skincare
Moisturizer
I have been obsessed with this moisturizer since I got it. It smells so amazing and feels super nice on the skin. It soaks right into my skin and makes my skin feel hydrated. Its great for my combo/oily skin since its super light weight and more of a gel consistency. I will definitely be repurchasing this.

This is another one of my favorite moisturizers. It is very similar in consistency to the Purlisse Aqua Balm. Its a little bit heavier but soaks right into my skin leaving it feel hydrated and plump.  This is the same skincare line as the eye gel discussed above.

Makeup Remover/Wipes
I have been using these makeup remove wipes for years. They are so affordable and work really well. I have tried other wipes that have burned my eyes and/or didn't work as well at removing makeup. I always find myself going back to these wipes and highly recommend them.

Night Cream
This is an amazing night cream. I love to use it in the winter when my skin needs a little bit more moisture. It’s on the thicker side and smells really nice. If you have dry skin the Hydrating Day Cream is a similar consistency.

Peel Mask
This is such an awesome face peel! It's affordable and super quick which I love. It does have a slight tingle at first but the feeling goes away. My skin feels so clean and radiant after using it.

This is another amazing peel that's more of a luxury brand. I was lucky enough to get this sent to me and fell in love with it. It's definitely something that I would wait to get on sale but it works really well. Its quick to use but also a bit more intense than the Pixi Peel. Its a two step process and when the serum is activated there is a burning sensation that lasts for a minute or two. After washing it off, my skin feels squeaky clean, soft, and youthful looking.
Best of Beauty 2019: Skincare
Clay Mask
Clay masks are one of my favorite masks and this doesn't disappoint! It not only pulls all the crap out from your skin but contains little micro beads in the mask so that when you are washing of the mask you are exfoliating at the same time.

This is another great mud mask that doesn't make the skin feel itchy and tight once it dries. I love pairing this with the Pixi T-Zone Peel Off Mask.

Sheet Mask
I really love all the Purlisse Sheet masks which is why I didn't mention a specific type. I was lucky enough to get a bunch of them over the past few years when attending Julia Salvia's Beauty Dinners. I haven't tried one that I have disliked. These masks stay on your skin for about 15-20 minutes. Besides the fact that they make you feel like you are at a spa, they also are a good size and are WAY too big for my face unlike other brands I have tried. They fit nicely on my face, feel really cool, and make me feel relaxed. My skin looks so hydrated and refreshed after wearing these masks.

Peel Off Mask
As titled, this mask is meant for your t-zone but I think you can really apply it to your whole face. That being said, it does hurt a bit to remove to if you have alot of peach fuzz on your face like me I would say to stick to your T-Zone. It is less painful when my face has recently been dermaplaned and there is little to no peach fuzz on it.  That being said, I have tried far more painful peel off masks. This is great at removing dirt and grime from your nose and chin area but it isn't quite as heavy duty as a nose strip.

Eye Mask
I have tried a bunch of Patchology masks over the years and they are some of my favorites. They are super hydrating and don't dry out quickly. They leave my under eyes feeling nice and refreshed.

Pixi DetoxifEYE Facial Treatment
These eye masks are a cheaper alternative to the Patchology eye masks. They too make the undereyes feel really hydrated but they do tend to dry up a bit quicker than the Patchology ones. That being said, this is a great value because of the amount of eye masks that come in the container.
Best of Beauty 2019: Skincare
Facial Mist 
I don't always use face mists but this one is my go-to. When my skin is feeling dry or in need of a refresher I reach for this one. It has a slight rose scent but nothing that bothers me. It has a soft spritzer and just feels really nice on the skin. I like to sometimes use this in place of a toner just to switch things up.

Pimple Treatment
Prior to trying out these patches I have never even heard of pimple patches before. I want to specifically mention the Hydrocolloid Patches because those are the ones that I think work extremely well. When you have a pimple that is starting to form a white head you put one of these patches on and leave it there overnight (you could wear it during the day too if you wanted). The next morning when you wake up and remove the patch. The patch basically sucks all the white crap out of your pimple and it absorbs it into the patch. Pretty cool right?! That helps avoid scarring from popping your pimples and also you won't have to constantly dab your face trying to dry up the puss from popping it. I am currently trying a different brand of Hydrocolloid Patches and the Patchology ones are better.

Lip Product/Treatment
I don't remember if I bought this or got it from Ipsy but I am so obsessed with it. I just ran out after using it for over a year and I need a new one ASAP. It's basically a oversized lip balm but it smells SO amazing and feels really nice on the lips. You need this in your life I promise.

This is my other favorite lip product. If your lips are chapped this is going to help heal them and make them feel nice. It comes in a bunch of different scents and is more like a Vaseline consistency. My boyfriend loves these as well.

When my lips are super chapped and irritated this is what I use as a mask to wear on them overnight. It has a minty taste/scent and does have some sort of gritty pieces in them. Its a thicker consistency and I believe its meant to be used overnight to heal your lips. I'm sure you could wear it during the day but might be a little weird. Either way it works really well at making my lips feel and look better when they are super dry and chapped.

Hand/Body Cream
This is my favorite scented body lotion ever. It smells SO good! Its a thicker consistency like a body butter and the scent stays! I don't put it on my whole body but use it as a hand cream before bed. I'm sure that's not the proper use of it but its hydrating and I just can't get enough of the smell.

This is their other scent that I love too. It's a unique scent but has a definite coconut smell. The consistency is lighter and almost gel like compared to the bumbum cream. 
Best of Beauty 2019: Skincare
Body Spray/Perfume
This has been my go to perfume for the past 4 years. Shades of Kassie mentioned it in a video a few years ago saying its like an adult whipped cream/cupcake scent. I went and tried it and was OBSESSED. It's sweet but not TOO SWEET and is a super affordable price.

This is a spin off of the original Fresh Cream. It has similar notes but has a little twist to it. Its not AS sweet and has a little bit of something extra mixed in. I am so bad at explaining perfumes so if you like the original Fresh Cream you should check this out.

This is another delicious scent from Sol De Janeiro. I am honestly obsessed with their products. This is a nice alternative to the perfumes that I wear. Its lighter and doesn't last as long but still smells super nice. I sometimes like to put this on after I shower just before bed.

Body Scrub
These are my all time favorite scrubs and my boyfriend loves them too. They are extremely affordable for a huge tub and all smell delicious. They also make your skin feel super soft!
Best of Beauty 2019: Skincare
Hair Care/Styling Products
I don't use too many hair products but this is one of the products that I use when I blowdry my hair (which is usually only once a week). It does a great job at taming frizz and giving my hair some volume!

This is one of my favorite hair masks. I originally received it from Ipsy years ago in my glam bag. It has a soft sweet almond scent and makes my feel really soft.

I also discovered this hair mask in my Ipsy glam bag too. This is another one of my favorites and probably my favorite of the two because its so affordable! A big tub of it is only $12-15 depending where you get it. It smells delicious and also makes my hair very soft.

I have raved about this dry shampoo for years and still haven't found one I like quite as much. The Oribe one I think was good but its super pricey. This one is available at the drug store and Ulta and comes in a few different sizes. It does a great job at absorbing the oils from my hair. While it does create a white cast I just blend it in with my fingers. 

This has also been my go to hairspray for years. I only use hairspray when I curl my hair but this one is my favorite. It has a pretty decent hold without being too stiff or crunchy. It allows my hair to keep a curl but also also it to be bouncy and have body.

I don't remember where I got this but I'm obsessed with it. It's almost empty which makes me sad because its super expensive. It does a really good job at adding texture to my hair without ruining my curls. It also smells really nice. Two other higher end ones that I like are the Bumble and Bumble and Living Proof ones.

This is a more affordable option for a texturing spray. It also does a good job at adding texture to your hair and smells amazing!

I know this was a super long post so if you are reading this, thank you for staying till the very end! I will work on putting together a Best of Fashion 2019 but I need a break from these long posts so expect it in the next few weeks. 

What were your favorite skincare/beauty items for 2019? Let me know in the comments below!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...