Header/Navigation Bar

Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Review: ColourPop Prep & Set Duo

Hey Guys,
I bought ColourPop's new Prep & Set duo a few months ago and I'm finally ready to share my thoughts. I was super excited when I heard that ColourPop was coming out with a primer and setting spray. I use both of these things daily and am always looking to try ones. Keep reading to hear what I thought about these two products!

ColourPop Prep & Set Duo $20.00

Review: ColourPop Prep & Set Duo
Here is what is said about this duo on the ColourPop site:
"The game changing duo for longer lasting, better looking makeup. Formulated to work together, this All Star team will prep your skin to create the ultimate canvas for flawless foundation application and set your makeup for long lasting, all-day wear. No more melting, cracking, creasing or fading."

This set includes both the All Star Primer and Setting Spray. The two products can be purchased in this bundle or separately.

All Star Primer-Matte + Blur $10.00
Review: ColourPop Prep & Set Duo
Here is what is said about this product on the ColourPop site:
"All Star Primer For makeup that performs better and lasts longer, our primer creates the perfect canvas for any foundation, concealer, or powder. It instantly minimizes pores with optical blurring powders and creates a smooth surface for makeup to easily glide on and stay on for a more flawless complexion that lasts all day. This oil-free formula never feels greasy and will keep you looking fresh past overtime."

Ingredients:
Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Butene Glycol, Peg-10 Dimeticone, Silica, Glycerin, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Microcrystalline Wax, Dimethicone Crosspolmer, Dimethiconol, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Extract, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Peel Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Extract, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Extract, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel ExtractPotassium Sorbate, Trisodium Edta, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Hexylene Glycol, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Pesudoalteromonas Exopolysaccharides, Synthetic Sapphire, Citric Acid, Sodium Salicylate, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Plankton Extract, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

On to my thoughts:
I originally thought this was a silicone free primer but it is not. In general I don't love silicone primers. This one is more of a lotion formula though so I don't mind it. I don't love it but I don't hate it either. I think it's fine. I don't think it makes my skin look super matte but it does help control my oil. I can still see my pores but my skin does look a bit smoother. I still prefer my Maybelline Face Studio Master Prime Blur and Smooth. I'm not sure if I will purchase this again.

All Star Setting Spray Matte $10.00

Review: ColourPop Prep & Set Duo
Here is what is said about this product on the ColourPop site:
"All Star Setting Spray For makeup that lasts way past game time, our weightless face setting spray delivers serious staying power. Soft focus, optical blurring powders fights oil, minimizes the look of pores, and smooths texture for a flawless finish that lasts all day. The micro-fine mist does not disturb makeup while creating an invisible barrier to defend against melting, cracking, creasing or fading. Alcohol free, oil free, and as always cruelty free."

Ingredients:
Water, Vp/Va Copolymer, Trisodium Edta, Isopropyl Myristate, Propylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Pseudoalteromonas Ferment Extract, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Salicylate, Phenoxyethanol, Polysorbate 20, Tocopherol, Poloxamer 407, Dimethicone Peg-7 Phosphate, Glycereth-5 Lactate, Fragrance, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol.

On to my thoughts:
I think this is a good affordable setting spray. It does help my makeup last longer and I do like it over other inexpensive setting sprays. I think its a good alternative to the Urban Decay setting sprays (which are my favorite). I would repurchase this because its affordable but still love my Urban Decay ones more and think they work better.

Overall both products are decent and are a good price. While I do prefer other primers and setting sprays over these, they are good affordable alternative to others.

Have you tried either of these ColourPop products? What is your favorite primer and setting spray? Post your comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...