Header/Navigation Bar

Thursday, July 19, 2018

Review: ColourPop No Filter Foundation, Loose Powder, and Pressed Powder

Hey Guys,
I've been purchasing a ton of ColourPop lately. It feels like they continue to drop new products on a weekly basis. I think I'm done for a while but we will see...So as soon as ColourPop came out with their No Filter Concealers (review HERE) last summer I KNEW they had to come out with foundations in the near future. I was so amped for the day they would release them. Finally after almost a 9 months they launched their No Filter Foundation. They also rolled out some pressed and loose setting powders. Keep reading to hear my thoughts on each!
Review: ColourPop No Filter Foundation, Loose Powder, and Pressed Powder

 ColourPop No Filter Natural Matte Foundation $12.00
Review: ColourPop No Filter Foundation, Loose Powder, and Pressed Powder
 Here is what is said about this product on the ColourPop site:
"Our oil-free, buildable full coverage foundation was formulated with soft blurring pigments to give you a natural matte finish. No filter needed.


Developed for the Selfie Age, our buildable full coverage, natural matte foundation delivers flawless looking skin from day-to-night. The oil-free, lightweight formula blends smoothly and is easily customizable to create the coverage you want. Build it up or sheer it out, it was developed with innovative soft-blurring pigments to deliver true color while looking and feeling natural. The lockable pump is easy to use and keeps your routine mess-free! As always, 100% cruelty-free and vegan."

Ingredients:
Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Silica, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Synthetic Sapphire, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Polysorbate 20, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Potassium Sorbate, Trisodium Edta, Hexylene Glycol, Tocopherol; MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

On to my thoughts:

While I was really impressed that they rolled out 40 shades, I had a very hard time picking my colors. The neutrals were really confusing especially when you read the description of each. I picked up the shades Light 75 which was described as a neutral foundation with peachy undertones for light medium skin tones. I also picked up Medium 100 which is described as a neutral foundation with peachy undertones for medium skin tones. I don't think I have a "peachy" undertone but I also don't think I am warm or cool. If anything I think more warm. Anyways, I usually go for "beige" colors. That being said I ordered the two mentioned. I really hate that ColourPop doesn't do returns. With complexion products its hard enough trying to figure out your colors but then not being able to return if its the wrong color really sucks. I suggest going to Ulta and trying these out in person if and when they are sold there. Color wise the Light 75 was OKAY but not perfect. The Medium 100 was a bit too dark even with me tanning. The coloring was off too. I think it looked too yellow. I would agree its a more natural matte. Its not VERY matte but not dewy at all. I would consider it medium coverage. Aside from the color issues. It did apply really nice and looked good on the skin at first.However, throughout the day it broke down very bad. Especially in my t-zone. By the very end of the day it looked pretty bad in my opinion. I tried this foundation at least 5 times and it just really didn't work for me.

No Filter Sheer Matte Pressed Powder $9.00

Review: ColourPop No Filter Foundation, Loose Powder, and Pressed Powder
  Here is what is said about this product on the ColourPop site:
"Get easy, on-the-go, fresh and flawless skin with this oil-absorbing, sheer buildable pressed powder compact.

Weightless, natural matte sheer pressed powder reduces shine and blurs imperfections in a convenient on-the-go compact. Ultra-fine powder blends seamlessly onto bare skin, over foundation, or as a touch up without creasing or caking. 100% cruelty free, vegan formula was photo tested to never flashback, giving you a natural matte, soft focus look anywhere you go."


Ingredients:

Talc, Boron Nitride, Polyethylene, Magnesium Myristate, Lauroyl Lysine, Distarch Phosphate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Silica, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Isostearate, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Sapphire, Caprylyl Glycol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).
Review: ColourPop No Filter Foundation, Loose Powder, and Pressed Powder
 On to my thoughts:
I picked this up in Medium. The color was fine. I didn't think it did much at all as a setting powder. I didn't feel like it added much coverage at all. I also don't think it helped keep the foundation lasting longer either. I ended up only using this twice before I started trying the foundation with my other setting powders. I highly recommend the L'Oreal Infallible Pro Matte Pressed Powder if you are looking for a matte setting powder. I use that with almost every foundation I wear. As you can tell, this one was a flop for me too.

ColourPop No Filter Loose Setting Powder $9.00

Review: ColourPop No Filter Foundation, Loose Powder, and Pressed Powder
Here is what is said about this product on the ColourPop site:
"Smooth, weightless loose powder sets makeup for all day wear without creasing, caking, or flashback.
Lock in makeup with our translucent, weightless loose setting powder. Developed with ultra-fine smooth powders to provide a long wearing, soft focus matte finish without feeling heavy or looking cakey. Always 100% cruelty free and vegan, our formula was photo tested to never flashback, giving you selfie-ready skin in any light."

Ingredients:

Talc, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Silica, Nylon-12, Dimethicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Chlorphenesin, Dehydroacetic Acid; MAY CONTAIN: Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).
Review: ColourPop No Filter Foundation, Loose Powder, and Pressed Powder
On to my thoughts:
I got this in both Translucent and Banana. The banana was too dark but as I continue to get more tan it will work better for me. The translucent was fine color wise. I like that it has a slight yellow/cream tint and its not pure white. In terms of feeling, it does feel really smooth on your skin. It's definitely light weight and I don't have any flash back in photos. That being said, I do not consider this comparable to the Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder. The LM is much better. People at ColourPop mentioned is comparable and I just wanted to put it out there that I do not agree. I think it is fine to wear to work as a cheap alternative. However, the finish it gives just isn't quite the same to me. Now that I'm getting pretty tan, the Translucent is getting to be too light to me. I will start trying the Banana again to see how it works. Overall, I think this is fine/okay but not great or awesome. 

Here are swatches of the loose setting power,  pressed powder, and foundations:

Review: ColourPop No Filter Foundation, Loose Powder, and Pressed Powder
L-R: Loose Setting Powder in Translucent & Banana, Pressed Powder in Medium, and Foundation in Light 75 & Medium 100

Overall, this is the first time I think I've ever been disappointed in a ColourPop product. I had such high hopes and I really didn't love anything that I picked up. The foundation was a fail and so was the pressed powder. The loose powder was just okay. If I had to suggest one product to try out of the bunch I would say the loose powder. I really don't know how people raved about this on YouTube. I think that Kathleen was the most honest review giving it a B-. I recently also picked up the new All Start Primer and Setting Spray so I will be reviewing those in the near future.


Have you tried any of these new ColourPop No Filter Complextion Products? Post your comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...