Header/Navigation Bar

Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Review: ColourPop Lux Lipsticks

Hey Guys,
Today I'm going to share my thoughts on a few of the new ColourPop Lux Lipsticks. I love liquid lipsticks so much but when I saw how pretty these were I had to pick some up and try the new formula! Keep reading to hear my thoughts!
ColourPop Lux Lipsticks
Here is what is said about these lipsticks on the ColourPop site:
"LUX it up. Enriched with our LUX Blend of butters, this creamy-matte, long wearing lipstick glides on the skin for intense pigmentation in shades made for every skin tone.This full coverage lipstick is packed full of the finest pigments to give you long wearing, true color in shades made for every skin tone. This formula glides on like butter and has a creamy matte finish. Our exclusive LUX blend of Acai, Jojoba and Pomegranate Seed butters hydrate and keep your lips looking fresh AF. Natural antioxidants protect your lips from environmental stressors and premature aging."

Ingredients

Octyldodecanol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polyethylene, Hydrated Silica, Flavor, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Tocopherol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Butter, Euterpe Olerecea Pulp Powder, Punica Granatum Seed Oil, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

Lux Lipstick in Appy $7.00
ColourPop Lux Lipsticks
This is described as a warm pinky beige. On me it shows up more as an orange-y brown nude which I prefer anyways lol
ColourPop Lux Lipsticks

Lux Lipstick in Pinkies Up $7.00
ColourPop Lux Lipsticks
This is described as a rosey nude. On me I would say its more of a brownish rosey nude.
ColourPop Lux Lipsticks

Lux Lipstick in Lay Over $7.00
ColourPop Lux Lipsticks
This is described as a medium rosy beige. I actually agree with the color description of this one.
ColourPop Lux Lipsticks

Here are swatches of all three colors:
ColourPop Lux Lipsticks
L-R: Appy, Lay Over, Pinkies Up

Overall, I really love this new formula! These lipsticks are extremely creamy and pigmented. They are super comfortable on the lips. They aren't super matte but not glossy or satin either.  I agree with their description of the finish. They don't have any strong scent really. Because they are a normal lipstick and not a liquid they aren't long wearing. You do need to apply after eating or drinking which is fine. The packaging is GORGEOUS! I love all the little start details on the lipstick and packaging as well as the rose gold metal finish. In terms of the colors, I actually really like all 3 colors that I purchased. I don't agree with their color descriptions but lipstick looks different on everyone anyways. The color I have been reaching for the most would be Appy followed by Pinkies Up however I have worn all three quite a bit since I purchased these. If you haven't guessed, I highly recommend these new ColourPop Lux Lipsticks and can't wait to pick up more!


Have you tried the new ColourPop Lux Lipsticks? Which color interests you the most from above? Post your comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...