Header/Navigation Bar

Thursday, August 10, 2017

Review: ColourPop Yes Please Palette

Hey Guys,
Today I am gong to share my thoughts on the ColourPop Yes, Please! Palette. This is ColourPop's first 12 pan palette. It has been selling like hot cakes and it has been restocked 3 times so far. It will be restocked for a 4th time today August 10th at 10 a.m./P.S.T. (1 p.m./E.S.T.). I believe this palette is limited edition and not sure how much longer it will be available. Keep reading to hear my thoughts, see swatches, and a look that I created using this palette!
ColourPop Yes Please Palette

ColourPop Yes Please Palette
This palette contains 12 shadows. It includes 8 matte shadows and 4 metallic shadows. The shadow is full of warm orange and gold tones that were inspired by "Golden Hour" as the ColourPop site mentions. 
ColourPop Yes Please Palette

without flash
ColourPop Yes Please Palette
with flash
ColourPop Yes Please Palette

The names of the shadows are listed on the back of the palette.
ColourPop Yes Please Palette

Here are swatches of the shadows:
ColourPop Yes Please Palette
 Row 1
Full-Zip: matte warm ivory
Big Cocktails: matte orange
Champs: matte pale peachy nude
Bling: metallic rust
ColourPop Yes Please Palette
 Row 2
Louie: metallic duochrome red with a gold flip
Butter Cake: metallic pale yellow gold
Spoiled: matte brick red
Gno: matte burnt orange
ColourPop Yes Please Palette
Row 3
Mischief: matte warm yellow
Note to Self: matte warm caramel
Chauffeur: metallic duochrome bright orange with a gold flip
French Kiss: matte deep red brown

Here is a looked that I created using this palette:
ColourPop Yes Please Palette


ColourPop Yes Please Palette
Brow: Full Zip
Transition: Note To Self
Crease: GNO
Lid: Mischief & Chauffer
Lower Lash Line: Note to Self & GNO
Inner Corners: Full Zip


On to my thoughts:
This was my first time trying ColourPop pressed shadows and I think that they are great quality! The shadows have nice pigmentation and are comparable to Tarte shadows and Morphe palettes (not including the new Jaclyn Hill palette which is a different formula). I think the shadows apply nice with a brush and are buildable. The metallic shadows apply best with your finger or Fix+. I have found that MANY shimmer or metallic shadows in general get the best color payoff this way. The shadow blend nicely and last all day. I experienced a little bit of creasing by the end of a work day but nothing serious. 

In terms of this palette, these colors are a very orange/yellow. There are some very bold colors but they also mix in more wearable colors too which I like. I think that the oranges weren't as dramatic on me since I have a tan. I'm not sure how I will like them once I am back to my normal skin tone which is a lot lighter. I was very happy to see a matte brow shade and some mid toned brown and peach transition shades. The shadows have a little fall out in the pan but nothing too bad. There was also a little fall out on my face but very minimal. The packaging is made of a heavy cardboard but it doesn't feel cheap.

Overall, I thought this was a great palette especially given the price tag. The shadows pans are  smaller than the normal sized pressed shadows but still a decent size. I do recommend it if you like warm shadows. If you prefer cooler tones, I suggest you check out the ColourPop She palette. Stayed tuned for a review of that palette in the next couple weeks!

For those of you that haven't heard, ColourPop just announced this week that they will be sold in stores at Sephora starting this November! I'm super excited to be able to swatch items before purchasing them and to see new launches up close and personal. The best part is that they have confirmed that their affordable prices will remain the same!  You can check out the full article HERE.

Have you tried any ColourPop pressed shadows? What are your thoughts on this palette? Post your comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...