Header/Navigation Bar

Thursday, May 11, 2017

Review: ColourPop Haul #2

Hey Guys,
Recently I shared my first ColourPop haul that you can check out HERE. My friend El got me some ColourPop products as an early birthday present. I still had other products on my GIANT wishlist and decided to pick up some more. All of these products will get used in the spring and summer months so that is my justification for ordering them lol. I still have a few items on my ColourPop list but I will save them for the fall/winter since the colors are more fitting for those seasons.So back to this haul... ColourPop came out with Sand, Nectar, and Pink Spring Collections. While the Pink Collection didn't really interest me, a bunch of items from the Sand and Nectar Collections did. I already talked about some in my last haul. Below are some more items from the Sand and Nectar collections plus other items that I've had on my list for a while. Keep reading to see what I got and to hear my thoughts on each!
ColourPop Haul #2

ColourPop Haul #2


Pressed Powder Face Duo in The Knockout $16.00
ColourPop Haul #2
All face duos come with a decent sized mirror on the inside of the palette. This could be useful for traveling.
ColourPop Haul #2
This peachy cheek duo is from the Nectar Collection. It includes Excuse My French (soft peach matte blush) and Like to Watch (peach highlighter with a pearlized duo chrome flip gold flip).
ColourPop Haul #2
The blush is on the lighter side but you can definitely build up the color. I thought the highlighter was also more on the light side. Its definitely a more unique color. I haven't really seen anything quite like it before.  I really like this duo. However, I like the Sand Collection Face Duo a bit more. It's just a bit more pigmented and they are colors that I would use more often.

Super Shock Shadow in Nillionaire $5.00
ColourPop Haul #2
Nillionaire is a a bronze with pink and gold ultra glitter. It is a really pretty color to wear on the lids. However, I wish it wasn't so glittery. I prefer the satin and metallic finishes over the ultra glitter finish.

ColourPop Haul #2
Kathleen Lights is a bright golden copper in a satin finish. I love the satin finish formulas. I also use this color all over the lid. I created a look using this shadow that you can see below.

Ultra Satin Lips in Strut $6.00
ColourPop Haul #2
Strut is a cool toned taupe. It's from the Sand Collection and looks a lot darker on me than in the below lip swatch. I have another color called Mess Around that looks very similar to me. I kind of wish I didn't get this color just because the two look so similar to me in person and on my lips. This is a LITTLE lighter. I'm also wearing this lip color in the picture below so you can see how it really looks on me.
ColourPop Haul #2

ColourPop Haul #2
Cozy is a true orange red. I bought it to wear in the summer as I think orange red lips look really pretty with brown bronzed skin. This color is absolutely gorgeous but super high maintenance. It seems like it never fully dried down like the rest of the colors do. It kept getting all over  my teeth and just made such a mess. I'm pretty disappointed because I REALLY love this color...it's just such a pain in the ass to deal with.
ColourPop Haul #2 


ColourPop Haul #2
Faded is a rosy coral in a creme finish. It looks more bright on me in person. I don't hate this color but the swatches on the site do not look like what it looks like on  my lips. The swatches are darker online which is what I like more. Also, I've come to the conclusion that I don't really love the creme finish lippie stix. I prefer the matte and satin finishes. What's weird is I love the color Aquarius and its a creme finish. I feel like its not AS creamy as these or maybe its because the color is lighter and more nude that it doesn't bother me. The Ultra Satin Lips apply creamy but dry semi matte.

ColourPop Haul #2
Just like the matching lippie stix Faded is a rosy coral. It's creamy and pigmented but not AS creamy as the lippie stix thankfully. 
ColourPop Haul #2

Blending Brush
ColourPop Haul #2
ColourPop had a promo when you buy two shadows you get a free eyeshadow brush. I chose the blending brush.

Here are swatches of each of the shadows and lippies:
ColourPop Haul #2
L-R: The Knockout: Excuse My French/Like to Watch, Kathleen Lights, Nillionaire, Strut, Cozy, Faded Lippie Stix & Pencil

Here is a look that I created using the Kathleen Lights shadow and the Strut Ultra Satin lip.
ColourPop Haul #2

Overall, this wasn't my most successful haul. While there was nothing I HATED, some items were not what I expected. So often I find myself purchasing colors that I already 5 similar shades of. I guess that is what happens when you have more makeup than you know what to do with. I have a couple other things on my list that I want to pick up like the Topaz palette as the bronzer looks gorgeous! 

What do you think about my haul? Which items interest you the most? Post your comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...