Header/Navigation Bar

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Review: e.l.f. Beautifully Bare Foundation Serum and Blending Brush

Hey Guys,
Today I am going to review some e.l.f. products that I picked up a few months ago. I meant to post this sooner but I forgot about it. e.l.f. recently came out with a Beautifully Bare line that focus on natural beauty and minimal makeup. I saw their new foundation serums at CVS and decided to pick them up and try them out. Keep reading to hear my thoughts.

 e.l.f. Beautifully Bare Foundation Serum and Blending Brush

 e.l.f. Beautifully Bare Foundation Serum and Blending Brush
I decided to grab 2 colors fair/light and light medium.
 e.l.f. Beautifully Bare Foundation Serum and Blending Brush
Here is what is said about this product on the e.l.f. site:
"Creates a flawless look that's beautiful and natural looking. This weightless silky formula melts into skin seamlessly for a radiant and youthful-looking base. The luminous, dewy finish helps boost suppleness and minimize the appearance of pores and fine lines for flawless coverage. This Broad Spectrum UVA/UVB SPF 25 formula is designed to help revitalize color and radiance to skin so you look as if you're barely even wearing makeup. Infused with Vitamin A, C, & E, Grape Seed Oil, Pomegranate Oil, and Goji Berry to help brighten, restore, nourish and protect the skin. For slightly fuller coverage and a custom-blended shade, mix a little formula with the Flawless Foundation for a personalized effect. It's makeup so flawless, it feels like you're not even wearing makeup!"
http://www.elfcosmetics.com/p/foundation-serum?dept=face-foundation

Here are some swatches of the two shades:
 e.l.f. Beautifully Bare Foundation Serum and Blending Brush

Here are the two shades mixed together:
 e.l.f. Beautifully Bare Foundation Serum and Blending Brush

On to my thoughts:
I grabbed two colors because the fair/light looked to light but the light/medium looked to dark. I decided I would buy both and mix them together. This is a VERY liquid foundation and I feel like it soaks up into your skin quickly which results in you using alot of product. This is a very light coverage. It evens out your skin tone a little bit but does not cover blemishes at all. Even when layering this foundation, it doesn't really build up to a medium coverage. I also wasn't a fan of the finish. I prefer more matte or demi matte foundations. This did not help with my combination/oily skin. Overall, I would not recommend this unless you are looking for almost no coverage. This might be good for a teenager that is first getting in to makeup,

 e.l.f. Beautifully Bare Foundation Serum and Blending Brush
Here is what is said about this brush on the e.l.f. site:
"Creates a flawless look that's beautiful and natural looking with our Blending Brush. The unique shape of the brush head provides even, streak-free coverage for a smooth, expertly blended effect. The ultra-fine synthetic fibers are hand cut, shaped, and assembled by artisans for expert craftmanship for a luxury experience. The soft hair is vegan-friendly and easy to clean with e.l.f. Brush Shampoo."
http://www.elfcosmetics.com/p/beautifully-bare-blending-brush?dept=tools-single-brushes

On to my thoughts:
This is a really unique shaped brush. I have nothing like it in my collection. Its very soft and applies makeup very nicely. The shape makes it easy to get into the cracks of your face like the sides of your nose. The bristles are thick and full enough so that the bristles stay in place and don't flop around when applying foundation to your face. This brush does get dirty very quickly but overall I really like it!

Have you tried either of these e.l.f. products? Post your comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...