Header/Navigation Bar

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Review: Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Glow Face Palette

Hey Guys,
Today I am going to share my thoughts on the Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Glow Face Palette. When I saw Jaclyn Hill show pictures of this on her snap chat I knew I had to have it. As you know, I wasn't a huge fan of the Champagne Glow Eye Shadow Palette. You can read my review of that HERE. This face palette did have some controversy but not nearly as much as the eye shadow palette. It was just restocked at Sephora last week and is exclusive to that retailer. Keep reading to hear my thoughts!

Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Glow Face Palette
Here is what is said about this palette the Sephora site:
"The limited-edition Becca X Jaclyn Hill Champagne Collection Face Palette has five shades of highlighter and blush to illuminate all skintones. Every shade was designed by Jaclyn Hill, to allow you to mix and match so you can create endless layers if light and color for the perfect custom glow. "
http://www.sephora.com/becca-x-jaclyn-hill-champagne-collection-P409117?skuId=1830835&icid2=D%3Dc6%3Abecca_lp_whatsnew_carousel1%3Ap409117


Here are pictures of the palette:
Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Glow Face Palette
with flash

Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Glow Face Palette
without flash

Here are swatches of the blushes and highlighters:
Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Glow Face Palette
L-R: Rose Spritz, Amaretto, Pamplemousse, Champagne Pop, & Prosecco Pop

This palette comes with three blushes and two highlighters. Rose Spritz is a blush in a peachy/pink shade with a gold shimmer. It reminds me of the Balm Hot Mama and Nars Orgasm. Amaretto is a matte mineral blush that is a brownish rose color.  Pamplemousse is a matte mineral blush that is a bright coral/pink. The first highlighter is the infamous Champagne Pop which is a peachy gold. The new highlighter Prosecco Pop is a light medium gold. Both highlighters have a frosted finish.  All of these products are pigmented and have amazing staying power. Amaretto is a little less pigmented than Rose Spritz and Pamplemousse but you can build up the color. I tend to wear Rose Spritz layered with Amaretto or Amaretto by itself. I haven't worn Pamplemousse yet as I am a little intimidated by this shade. Both highlighters are very pigmented, soft, and creamy. I don't own the original Champagne Pop so I can't really compare it to the formula of the single highlighter. Some people have complained that its very different but I think its beautiful. I like to mix the two highlighters together too. This palette also comes with a large mirror on the inside which I couldn't get a good picture of.

Here are some pictures of me wearing the Champagne Glow Face Palette:
Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Glow Face Palette


Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Glow Face Palette


Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Glow Face Palette
These pictures were taken at the end of the day after a full 9 hour work day. I applied them around 7:30 a.m. and the highlighter was still pretty visible around 6 p.m. I am wearing Rose Spritz and Amaretto mixed together and applied lightly. I am also wearing Champagne Pop and Prosecco Pop mixed together and applied lightly.

Overall, I am really glad that I picked up this face palette! I think the packaging is absolutely beautiful, the colors are very wearable, and I have been using this palette non stop. It is definitely a great deal price wise considering one highlighter is $38.00. Jaclyn Hill did an amazing job on this palette!

Did you pick up this Champagne Glow Face Palette? What is your favorite color in the palette? Post your comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...