Header/Navigation Bar

Friday, February 26, 2016

Review: Maybelline Face Studio Master Contour

Hey Guys,
Today I'm going to share my thoughts on the new Maybelline Face Studio Master Contour kits. Every beauty brand has come out with their on contour kits and these one caught my eye. This palette comes in Light/Medium and Medium/Dark. I decided to pick both up since there was a sale at CVS and I got these at a discounted price. Keep reading to hear my thoughts.

Maybelline Face Studio Master Contour


Maybelline Face Studio Master Contour

Maybelline Face Studio Master Contour
Both palettes come with a contour, blush, and highlight shade, The Medium/Dark contour shade is a matte warm bronze color. It wasn't too orange in my opinion. The blush is a shimmery coral with gold flecks. Its not overly shimmery and reminds me alot of the Balm Hot Mama blush and the Nars Orgasm blush. The highlight is a shimmery champagne shade. I really liked all three shades in this palette.



Maybelline Face Studio Master Contour in Light/Medium $12.99
Maybelline Face Studio Master Contour


Maybelline Face Studio Master Contour

Maybelline Face Studio Master Contour
 The Light/Medium contour shade a matte taupe/cocoa brown shade. The blush is a matte rose pink. The highlight is a shimmery vanilla shade. I thought that I would like this contour shade better as its more of a taupe color but it applied really muddy on me. The blush was pretty but too light for my liking. I also gravitate towards more coral/red/peach blush shades over pink shades. The highlight was nice.

Overall, I preferred the Medium/Dark palette over the Light/Medium palette I have read reviews on both of these kits and other people have also said that the contour shade in the Light/Medium palette was muddy on them too. I haven't tried any of the other drug store contour palettes so I can't compare them to this. I think that $12.99 is a little but expensive for this kit but with coupons it is a good deal. 

Have you tried either of these contour palettes? What is your favorite contour palette? Post your comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...