Header/Navigation Bar

Monday, December 21, 2015

Review: Proganix Volume Product Line*

Hey Guys,
Today I am going to introduce you to the Proganix Volume hair product line. For those of you unfamiliar with Proganix, it is a more professional line created from the brand OGX (Organix). Proganix products are created with the best ingredients of nature and science combined. I have already tried their Quench and Anti-Fade lines. You can check out my thoughts on each HERE and HERE.

Proganix Volume
Proganix Volume Product Line
Here is what is said about this product on the Proganix site:
"When it comes to hair, bigger can be better. Take your roots to new heights with this powerful combination, infused with caffeine and soy protein, which helps volumize and plump every strand with lift, life and shine."-https://www.proganixbeauty.com/products/volume/


Proganix Volume Product Line
Proganix Volume Product Line
Here is what is said about this product on the Ulta site:


"Proganix Volume Soy Protein + Caffeine Shampoo is a high-performance blend of volume building soy protein combined with energizing caffeine, perfected in the salon to add luscious body and volume while infusing every strand with lift, life and shine.


Adds body, volume and shine, not tested on animals."


The shampoo is said to be packed with caffeine and soy protein to boost each strand to add a boost of volume. The conditioner is said to help increase the diameter of each strand of hair. I didn't find that the shampoo and conditioner added as much volume as the styling products. It did as some lift at my roots and gave the rest of my hair a little more body/wave but nothing dramatic. When it comes to the scent of this line, its not overly sweet or floral. 



Proganix Volume Product Line
This Root Boost Finish spray is supposed to add life and body to your roots. A trick is to mist on this root booster then flip your hair and blow dry your hair upside down focusing on drying the roots to increase the volume. After your hair is dry, spray a fine mist on the finished look.

I really liked this product! I spray this on my roots along with the amplify gel and it really added volume to my hair! I even used it on dry hair to help add a little volume to the look. It works best on damp hair that is being blow dried. I haven't sprayed this mist on before bed with wet hair but I am interested in if it would create volume to air dried hair.


Proganix Volume Product Line
You are supposed to apply this gel to towel dried hair after removing any excess water. When applying, you want to focus on applying from root to tip. You want to concentrate on the roots since this is where you will get the most volume from.

I used this gel along with the Root Boost Finish Spray. I used this product first then lightly spritzed on the spray. You don't want to apply too much product since its kind of sticky/tacky. 

Here is a picture of my hair after using the Amplify Gel and the Root Boost Finish Spray.
Proganix Volume Product Line
I definitely could see that my hair had more volume after using these products. Since I use a straightener on my hair, it is usually limp but there was definitely a noticeable lift at my roots. My hair looked similar to getting a professional blow out.

Overall, I really like this Volume line. I feel that these products really do work and do what they claim. They don't have a specific scent. Its not super floral but not super sweet either. It smells fine. My favorite product is the Root Boost Finish Spray since you can use it on dry or damp hair.

Have you tried the Volume Line by Proganix? Post your comments below!


*I was sent these  products as a gift.  However, the thoughts and opinions in this post are my own. I am always 100% honest in my reviews for all products discussed on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...