Header/Navigation Bar

Monday, April 13, 2015

Comparison: Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless vs L'Oreal Infalliable Pro-Matte

Hey Guys,
Matte foundations have been pretty big lately in the beauty world. The top two newest drugstore branded ones are the Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless and the L'Oreal Infalliable Pro-Matte foundations. I have purchased both and have been testing them out for a few weeks. I decided to do a comparison post so that you can read the differences between the two and my thoughts on each.
 Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless vs L'Oreal Infalliable Pro-Matte

Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation $7.99
Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation
125 Nude Beige

Here is what is said about this product on the Maybelline site:
"Fit Me! Matte + Poreless from Maybelline New York goes beyond skin tone matching to fit the unique texture issues of normal to oily skin for the ultimate natural skin fit. While some foundations can exaggerate pores and oily skin, only Maybelline's pore-minimizing foundation contains their genius blurring micro-powders that erase pores and absorb oil for a naturally matte and poreless-looking finish. Dermatologist and allergy tested. Does not clog pores. Oil-free."
http://www.maybelline.com/Products/Face-Makeup/Foundation/Fit-Me-Matte-Poreless-Foundation.aspx

I feel like this is definitely a true matte foundation. It is more on the liquid side. It is a full coverage foundation and blends out nicely. It can get cakey so be careful when applying. I tend to have the biggest issue with cakiness on my nose with both foundations. I haven't noticed any significant fading throughout the day or anything like that. I do still need to use a blotting sheet in my T Zone by mid day.

Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Powder $7.99

Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Powder
130 Buff Beige

Here is what is said about this product on the Maybelline site:
"Fit Me! Matte + Poreless Powder from Maybelline New York goes beyond skin tone matching to fit the unique texture issues of normal to oily skin for the ultimate natural skin fit. Fit Me Matte + Poreless Face Powder provides long-lasting, mattifying, shine control and up to 12HR wear for a natural, poreless-looking finish. Buildable coverage. Does not clog pores. Oil-free."
http://www.maybelline.com/Products/Face-Makeup/Powder/Fit-Me-Matte-Poreless-Powder.aspx

This is a nice powder. Its soft and is a great pairing with the foundation. You can easily add too much powder to your face so use a light hand!

Here is a swatch of the foundation and powder:

L'Oreal Infalliable Pro-Matte Foundation
L'Oreal Infalliable Pro-Matte Foundation

Shell Beige 102

Here is what is said about this product on the L'Oreal site:
"Achieve a matte finish that won’t fall flat with this air-light, longwearing liquid formula. Lightweight and creamy, foundation goes on smooth with a demi-matte finish that lasts up to 24 hours—hiding imperfections for a smooth, clear complexion."
http://www.lorealparisusa.com/en/Products/Makeup/Face/Foundation/Infallible-Pro-Matte-Foundation.aspx?shade=Soft-Sable-111

This foundation is definitely more of a demi matte meaning its not completely mattifying. I like that about this foundation. I consider this more medium coverage than full coverage. The foundation it self is less liquidy than the Fit Me Matte. It def has great staying power. I apply to the back of my hand first then dip a brush into the product on my hand. When I do this and the left over foundation dries, its def. a little hard to get off. I feel that this controls my oil a little better than the Fit Me Matte. I had a harder time finding my color in this foundation. I bought one color, it was a bit too dark, so I grabbed another. I think I am going to keep the second for when I get darker in the summer.

L'Oreal Infalliable Pro-Matte 16 Hr. Powder $12.99

L'Oreal Infalliable Pro-Matte 16 Hr. Powder

300 Nude Beige

Here is what is said about this product on the L'Oreal site:
"Absorbs excess oil and reduces shine on the skin’s surface for up to 16 hours. The lightweight pressed powder can be used alone, to set foundation after application, and/or throughout the day for quick touch-ups."
http://www.lorealparisusa.com/en/Products/Makeup/Face/Powder/Infallible-Pro-Matte-Powder.aspx?shade=Porcelain-100

This powder is a bit harder than the Fit Me Matte powder. It doesn't crumble as easily. You don't need to press hard to get product onto your brush it just feels a little different. It feels more matte than the Fit Me powder.

Here is a swatch of the foundation and powder:
L'Oreal Infalliable Pro-Matte 16 Hr. Foundation and Powder
Overall, I love both foundations and powders and recommend both. I have been switching off between the two. I would say that the L'Oreal Infalliable Pro Matte Foundation is better for everyday as its not as full coverage. It's also not fully matte if that is what you are looking for.  I would get the Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless if you want more coverage or more of a matte foundation. 

Have you tried either of these foundations? What one do you prefer? Post your comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...