Header/Navigation Bar

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Review: Morphe 18 Piece Vegan Brush Set

Hey Guys!
I have wanted a new brush set for quite some time. One of the brands that really stuck out to me was Morphe Brushes. They are affordable and I have read great things about their quality. Jaclyn Hill has talked alot about their brushes recently and now has her own favorites palette with them. I decided to check out their brush set offerings and pick one to put on my Christmas list. After going through all of the sets, I chose the 18 Piece Vegan Brush set. It included a wide range of brushes, was a reasonable price, and was vegan which was the best part! Luck for me, my lovely sister in law picked this up for me as a Christmas gift! I was so excited and couldn't wait to get home and try the brushes out. 

Morphe 18 Piece Vegan Brush Set
These brushes come in a patent leather brush case that snaps shut. It also has flap that covers the brushes. I have it folded behind the case so that you can see all the brushes.

The set includes: 
1.Pointed Liner Brush10.Oval Shadow Brush
2.Lip Brush11.Deluxe Shadow Brush
3.Smudger Brush12.Angled Blender Brush
4.Angle Liner Brush13.Pointed Foundation Brush
5.Flat Liner Brush14.Contour Brush
6.Mini Concealer Brush15.Bronzer Brush
7.Small Shadow Brush16.Angle Blush Brush
8.Concealer Brush17.Powder Brush
9.Deluxe Blending Crease18.Deluxe Fan Brush

Here are what the brushes look like close up:

Morphe 18 Piece Vegan Brush Set
L-R: 1. Pointed liner brush, 2. Lip Brush, 3. Smudger Brush, 4. Angle Liner Brush, 5. Flat Liner Brush, 6. Mini Concealer Brush, 7. Small Shadow Brush, 8. Concealer Brush

My favorite brushes from above are the Lip Brush and Smudger Brush. I actually use the lip brush to highlight the inner corners of my eyes with shadow. I haven't tried the liner brushes yet since I don't use cream or gel liners often. I have used the mini concealer brush to carve out my brows with concealer.
Morphe 18 Piece Vegan Brush Set
 L-R: 9. Deluxe Blending Crease, 10. Oval Shadow Brush, 11. Deluxe Shadow Brush, 12. Angled Blending Brush, 13. Pointed Foundation Brush, 14. Contour Brush, 15. Bronzer Brush 

My favorite brushes from above are the Deluxe Blending Crease, Oval Shadow Brush, Angled Blending Brush, and Bronzer Brush. They eye brushes are so dense and apply shadow like a dream. The blending brushes are so awesome at adding product without creating a harsh line. I actually use the Bronzer Brush as a blush brush as I prefer this shape over the Angled Blush Brush. The only brush that I can say that I don't like is the Pointed Foundation Brush. Its really stiff and awkward to use. I have no idea how you apply foundation with this. I could only use it to draw lines on my face with the foundation. I then went back and blended it into my skin with a buffing brush.
Morphe 18 Piece Vegan Brush Set
 L-R: 16. Angle Blush Brush, 17. Powder Brush, 18. Deluxe Fan Brush

My favorite product from above is the Powder Brush. Its so soft and plushy and applies  powder really nicely. I haven't tried the fan brush yet but these are good for applying highlighter to the tops of your cheeks or cleaning off fall out.
Morphe 18 Piece Vegan Brush Set
This is what the case looks like all closed up. The snaps are magnetic so it makes it really easy to keep the case closed.

Overall, this is a fantastic set for the price! The only things that I would change would be to include less flat shadow brushes and concealer brushes and to add a flat kabuki brush or buffing brush of some sort. The flat shadow brushes would be good for someone that uses a ton of cream shadows (which I do not). Even still, I only feel like one is needed. Same goes for the concealer. Also, a flat foundation brush would have been preferred over the pointed one. That being said, I still love this set so much. The brushes are all super soft and apply product wonderfully. They are sturdy and carefully crafted brushes. I would recommend this set to anyone look for a high quality yet affordable brush kit.

Have you tried any Morphe Brushes? Post your comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...