Header/Navigation Bar

Friday, February 6, 2015

Makeup Purge #3

Hi Guys,
After the holidays I decided I needed to get rid of even MORE makeup.  I got some new stuff for Christmas and just don't have room for all of it. I also have a bunch of stuff I don't ever use. I'd rather pass it on to someone that will use it. Because my purge is so big, I am not going to list everything that I got rid of by name and shade. I will list the brands and products though. Keep reading to check it out!
Makeup Purge #3
Makeup Purge #3

Makeup Brushes:
Makeup Purge #3
I got a Morphe brush kit for Christmas so I wanted to get rid of some brushes I don't ever reach for. I have probably close to 60 brushes so this is only the first brush purge. Pictured above are so EcoTools brushes and e.l.f. brushes. The EcoTools set was actually pretty good I just don't ever use it.

Mascaras:
Makeup Purge #3
I actually don't have as many mascaras as I thought but I do have some that I don't like or don't want. The Be a Bombshell mascara got some negative feedback from Ipsy subscribers so I didn't even try it. I wasn't a fan of the Bare Escentuals Lash Domination, CK One, Too Faced Better Than Sex, or Benefit They're Real mascaras. I had doubles of the Make Up For Ever and Laura Mercier samples so I decided to pass those along as well.

Eyeliners:
Makeup Purge #3
I have so many liners that I HAD to get rid of some. The Milani clear lip liner I decided to pass along because I prefer my Rimmel one. The L'Oreal Silkissime didn't work out for me and neither did the Rimmel Scandaleyes Precision eyeliner. The e.l.f. felt tip eyeliner was ok but dried up quickly. The teal Nyx and Laura Mercier liners were too hard and didn't have enough color pay off. The next too MAC liners and Urban Decay 24/7 liner are just really old.  I don't use silver eyeliners so that is why I decided to pass on the Pacifica liner. The last too liners were ok but I just never use them.

Brows:
Makeup Purge #3
I have tried so many brow products over the past year. None of them were bad but I have to say that Anastasia Beverly Hills is the best of the best when it comes to brow products (in my opinion). I decided to pass along all of the above items because they are getting no love! Nyx Brow Powder duo, Too Faced Bullet Proof Brows, Nyx Brow pencil, and Soap and Glory Archery Brow Tint and Pencil.

Blushes and Concealer:
Makeup Purge #3
I passed on all these blushes because I just have way too many. The Too Faced compact has a blush and bronzer duo. The bareMinerals loose powder is a super shimmer pink color that's to glittery for me now. The Rimmel Stay Blushed cream blush is really nice I just prefer powders. The Nyx blush is a nice light pink. Milani Dolce Pink just doesn't have enough color pay off for me. The lonely concealer is too light and cool toned for me.

Eyeshadows:
Makeup Purge #3
Shadows, shadows and more shadow. I love Kat Von D shadows but I never use this quad. The Wet and Wild and Nyx palettes just don't have great color pay off. Same goes for the Pacifica, Lorac, e.l.f., and Milani. The Be a Bombshell, City Color, Rimmel, and Girlactik products are all nice just not things that I reach for at all.

Lip Products:
Makeup Purge #3
Last but not least, my lovely bunch of lip products. I really have nothing bad to say about any of these products. They are mostly great products they just don't get used. The Stila Stay All Day liquid lipstick is the only one I didn't like. The pigmentation is great but the product is very sticky at first then super drying. Other products above are e.l.f. Matte Lipstick, Rimmel Stay Glossy, Laura Mercier, Mary Kay, Pop Beauty, bare Escentuals, and some random lip pencils.
Makeup Purge #3
Again just getting rid of an overload of lippies. The Cailyn is a nice lip balm/tint just not my favorite color. I barley use lip glosses anymore so I decided to get rid of some of those. I also passed along some Nyx and Rimmel lipsticks.
Makeup Purge #3
Lastly, I have so many MAC products that I barley touch anymore. MAC was my first major love when it comes to makeup. I have just tried so many more brands since then that I don't find myself loving them that much anymore. MAC will always have a place in my heart but I haven't purchased a product of theirs in quite some time. I also don't like that they are not cruelty free. I don't own ALL cruelty free products however a lot of my favorite brands and products are!

If you got to the end of this super long post, CONGRATS! and thank you for reading till the end. I truly appreciate it. It feels good not only to get rid of makeup that I don't use or need, but also to be able to pass it along to friends and family members that will appreciate it.

When was your last makeup purge? How often do you do it? Post your comments below!

-Tanya xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...