Header/Navigation Bar

Friday, January 30, 2015

Review: ColourPop SuperShock Shadows in So Quiche, Cricket, and Hammered

Hi Guys,
This is my last post on ColourPop products that I got for Christmas! I picked out a few of their shadows that I thought looked unique. Keep reading to hear my thoughts on each!
ColourPop Cosmetics So Quiche, Cricket, and Hammered




Hammered
ColourPop Cosmetics Hammered
Hammered is said to be a smokey olive green with gold glitter and multi colored sparkles with a metallic finish. This olive green isn't as green as I was hoping but its still pretty.

Cricket
ColourPop Cosmetics Cricket
Cricket is said to be a mid tone plum with warm and cool highlights of soft glitter. I don't own a ton of purple shades so I decided to pick this one out. It looks more pigmented in the pan but apply one than one layer will build up the color. I wore this on my lid paired with orange/brown in the crease and was happy with how it looked.

So Quiche
ColourPop Cosmetics So Quiche
So Quiche is a soft olive with highly reflective gold and pink violet glittery duo chrome metallic finish. This is a very interesting shade. You can definitely see the pink and violet glitter flecs in the shadow. It looks more on the brown side than green. 

Here are swatches of each shadow:
ColourPop Cosmetics So Quiche, Cricket, and Hammered
L-R: Hammered, So Quiche, Cricket

Here is a look that I created using Cricket and Frida (Lippie Stix).
ColourPop Cosmetics Cricket and Frida
ColourPop Cosmetics Cricket and Frida
ColourPop Cosmetics Cricket and Frida
ColourPop Cosmetics Cricket
ColourPop Cosmetics Frida
Overall, from first impressions, I am not in love with any of these shadows. They are pretty but they just didn't wow me as much as some other shades that I have tried. I also prefer the Satin and Matte finishes over the super glittery ones.  I didn't realize that I picked out two olive-ish shades either. That being said, the more I play around with them the more I might like them.

Do you have any of these shadows? Post your comments below!

-Tanya xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...