Header/Navigation Bar

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Review: Nume Lustrum

Hi Ladies!
Today I am going to review the Nume Lustrum Curling Wand Set. This set retails for $280.00 on the Nume Site. I purchased this set during a Nume Instadeal on Instagram and only paid $80.00 (plus $12.00 shipping) for it! I was so happy that I waited to get this set. I almost purchased it a few months ago when there was an offer code to get it for $159.00. Good thing I waited! One thing I must note...it took almost a month to receive the product but they took the money out of my account right away. Since I already have a few other curling irons, I didn't mind the wait. Because it took so long to get to me, Nume sent me a free gift to thank my for my patience. The gift was the Nume styling comb which retails for $20.00. The comb helps de-tangle your hair and assist with straightening your hair with an iron. I haven't really used it yet so I can't comment on how it works.

On to the Lustrum....
The Lustrum comes with 5 different barells; 32 mm, 25 mm, 19 mm, Reverse, and Pearl. The heads are interchangeable and lock into place. Along with the barells is a base which is the had piece of the wand. It has an on and off button but no temperature setting. I own 3 Hot Tools curling irons and the Nume gets just as hot and works just as well. It actually heats up in seconds.  It is very light weight compared to my other styling tools. The only thing I don't like is that it doesn't have a little metal clamp that you can pull down to let it rest against instead of putting it on a flat surface.

Aside from the wand and barrels, the Lustrum also comes with a heat protectant glove and a nice travel case for all the different pieces. The case is leather and has slots for each barrel so that they don't clank against each other.  It has a little hook so that you can hang it up on the back of a door. It also has buttons to fasten it closed. I find this wand super easy to use and I love the I can create some many different curls. I really don't need any other curling iron/wand besides this kit.
Below are pictures of each barrel and what the curls look like with each. 


Reverse Barrel
This was the first barrel that I tried out. After I finished my hair, both of my friends loved how my curls looked and asked me to curl their hair too. I also included pictures of their hair too so that you can see how the curls look with different hair lengths.


32 mm Barrel

25 mm Barrel

19 mm Barrel

Pearl Barrel
Overall, I am totally happy with this purchase! I love this set and think it is WELL WORTH the money and wait. I wouldn't pay more than $80-$89.00 since that is the lowest I have seen it. I loved all 5 wand barrels. The only one that I had any issues with was the pearl. This is because I have layered hair and have never used a wand like this before. I was still happy with the outcome. I would definitely recommend this set to anyone that is looking for a nice curling wand. Nume definitely has other wands that might be less money, but you are getting a great deal with this kit. The next thing I plan to buy from Nume is a flat iron.



Do you own any Nume products? If so, which ones? Post your comments below!
-Tanya xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...