Header/Navigation Bar

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Blog and Tweet Odyssey Cruise and Boston Bloggers Summer Soiree

Hi Ladies!
I have a new type of post to share with you! I recently attended my first blogger events and I wanted to share them with you. As you know, fellow beauty blogger El from The Beauty Isle is also from Boston. We have become great friends though blogging and she has attended quite a few local events. She has asked me to go to events in the past and I talked myself out of it. I finally worked up the courage to go to one with her.

The first event that I attended was hosted by Blog and Tweet Boston. El got a special invitation to come for a special blogger cruise on the Odyssey Boston. Only 12 bloggers were invited to this event. They were allowed to bring a guest with them. El was nice enough to ask me to join her.

On the cruise, we got to eat a wonderful brunch including a waffle station, pastry and fruit display, and lunch buffet. Included in the lunch was also a yummy chocolate fondue station.
The Odyssey Cruise was also testing out their new Bloody Mary bar.
After filling up on food, we decided to head to the top deck to check out the amazing Boston skyline. El and I met fellow blogger Biana (of B Loved Boston) and her husband on the cruise. Her husband was nice enough to take some pictures of the three of us.
It was the perfect day for a cruise on the harbor. The weather was beautiful.
I loved seeing all the sail boats on the water and taking in the scenery around me.
 
 We got to hear the urban legend of Castle Island from one of the cruise managers which was cool. 
I had an awesome time and really enjoyed myself!

The next event that I attended was hosted by Boston Bloggers and was a Summer Soiree meet and greet. The event was held at Precinct Kitchen and Bar which is a newly renovated restaurant in the bottom of the Lowes Hotel in Boston. Fun Fact: The Lowes Hotel was actually the historic Police Headquarters.
Image taken from Google Images

There was a huge turnout for this event! It was amazing to see how many bloggers resided in the Boston area. We met a bunch of great people and did a ton of networking. Everyone was really friendly and nice which made be feel comfortable. 
Image courtesy of TravelBeez Photography
Image courtesy of TravelBeez Photography
Image courtesy of TravelBeez Photography
I would like to give a special thanks to El for making me step out of my comfort zone and attend these events. I couldn't have done it without her! I can't wait to attend the next event. If you have the opportunity to go to some local blogger events, I highly recommend going. Its a great experience!

-Tanya xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...