Header/Navigation Bar

Monday, July 21, 2014

Review: Ipsy Me Offer-Nyx Sweethearts of Summer Set

Hi Ladies!
Today I am going to review the Nyx Ipsy Me Offer called the Sweethearts of Summer Set! This offer was available to all Ipsters for a limited time and cost $15.00 and free shipping. The set included one Baked Blush. two baked Shadows, and one Butter Lipstick. I love Nyx Butter Lipsticks and was interested in trying out their baked products so I jumped at this offer!
Nyx Baked Blush in Ignite $6.99 at Ulta
I loved the peachy glow of this blush in the pan however, when swatching it, it wasn't very pigmented. I had to go over it several times to get the color to show up on my cheeks. Even applying it a few times, it still wasn't very pigmented compared to Milani blushes. The blush was also quite hard. Maybe its because I haven't gotten through the top layer yet? 




Lavish is a golden/bronze brown and Moonshine is a pearly white. I ran into the same issues with both the shadows that I had with the blush. They looked beautiful in the pan but were less than impressive once applied. Both colors weren't very pigmented or creamy at all. I thought they were going to be super shimmery but it was hard to even get a decent amount of color on the brush. Has anyone tried the blushes or shadows? Do I have to scratch off the top layer?

This lipstick looked more peach in the Ipsy Me ad. Its actually a nude color with pink undertones. I don't HATE it but its def not my favorite color. Some nude colors make my lips look like concealer. I feel like this is the case with this one. It has a slight pink tint to it so that makes it a little better. It looks far better swatched on my arm than on my lips though. Like the other shades that I own, the formula is really creamy and pigmented.


Here are swatches of each product:
L-R: Butter Lipstick in Sugar Wafer, Baked Shadow in Moonshine, Baked Shadow in Lavish, Baked Blush in Ignite 

I had to swatch these several times to get the colors to show up good. I had to push really hard on the shadows and blush to get enough shadow on my finger.

Overall, I was really disappointed in this kit. The packaging is really cute but the quality isn't that good. I wish that I skipped out on this offer but the price and my curiosity got the best of me. I haven't had much luck with Nyx shadows and probably won't be purchasing them anytime soon. I think that the Butter Lipstick shade in Sugar Wafter was a miss for me but I still highly recommend the lipsticks in general. 

Have you tried any of these products? Have you tried any Nyx Baked products that had better results? Post your comments below!

-Tanya xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...