Header/Navigation Bar

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Summer Fashion Trends

Hi Ladies!
Today I wanted to share with you some of my favorite summer fashion trends. There are so many great new styles out there but below are the trends that I am loving the most right now.

Maxi Dresses and Skirts
I was never really a "dress" type of girl until last summer. I always felt like I had to be so careful in dresses since most of the ones I wore were on the short side. Last summer I got into wearing maxi dresses and skirts. This summer I will be wearing them even more! Maxi skirts and dresses are HUGE right now. I think that they are a repeating trend for the spring/summer because of their flowy fabric, ease, and comfort! I have been pairing my skirts and dresses with a jean vest and have been loving the look!



Rompers/Jumpsuits
This is one trend that I really love but haven't had a ton of luck with. There are SO MANY cute ropers and jumpsuits at different stores however, I have only found one that actually looked good on me. My issue is that I have very wide hips. So, the rompers that have no zippers are a bit tricky to get on for me. I did find a really cute one at H&M which I will be featuring in my next edition of What's in My Closet?. One thing that I was discussing with my friend the other day was the fact that you literally have to take the whole thing off to go to the bathroom. I'll let you know how that goes. lol


Harem Pants and Wide Legged Pants
The 90's trends are coming back! I am liking the look of SOME Harem pants but not all. I almost bought a pair when I was out shopping but the waistband just wasn't tight enough for my comfort. I think I am going to give them another try. Wide legged pants do not flatter my curvy body type but do think that they look cute on tall women with long legs. 

Sheer Skirts and Dresses
Dresses and skirts with a sheer material on top have been pretty popular all though out the spring and continue into the summer. I love the look and think if pair correctly, looks quite glamorous.
Highwaisted Shorts
In the fall/winter, I saw high waisted jeans and pants. Now I am seeing a ton of high waisted shorts. This trend is definitely cycling around again. I remember back in my early college years, high waisted shorts were in style. I still have the pairs I wore back then. I think that this look is not for everyone. However, these shorts can be very cute. You could pair them with a tight shirt that you can tuck into them or with a crop tops that ends a couple inches above the top of them.

High Waisted Denim Shorts $27.95 at Love Culture


Jean Vests
Jean vests also seem very 90's to me but I have been really loving this trend! As I mentioned above, I have been wearing my denim vest with maxi dresses and skirts. It adds in a different texture to the mix of all that flowy fabric.
Fedora and Sun Hats
Like maxi dresses I feel that straw type hats go hand in hand with the summer. They look super cute paired with a nice sun dress and are a must for a long day at the beach!

Boat Shoes
Another timeless summer trend are boat shoes. They have changed over the years and have adapted to trends by adding metallic colors, sequins, and cute patterns to a classic shoe. I think these look so cute with a pair of shorts and a cute top. I want a pair of Sperry Top Siders in Angelfish so bad but I can't bring myself to spend the money on them. May if DSW has a sale I will break down and get a pair. Regardless, there are so many other brands that have cute boat shoes. The pair that I own are from Payless. I have seen boat shoes on several different retailer websites.

These are just some of my favorite summer trends of 2014. I hope that you enjoyed this post!

What are your favorite fashion trends for this summer? Post your comments below!

-Tanya xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...