Header/Navigation Bar

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Review: Ipsy Glam Bag May 2014

Hi Ladies!
Today I am going to share with you my May Ipsy Glam Bag. If you are unfamiliar with Ipsy, it is a monthy beauty subscription service. For $10.00 a month, you get 4-5 deluxe to full size beauty products. To learn more you can check out my previous Ipsy reviews on my Subscription Reviews tab at the top of my blog. The theme of this bag is "Fresh Picks". Initially, I wasn't super excited about this bag because it is mostly skincare/hair care and the reason why I signed up for Ipsy was because their bags were more makeup heavy. Once I started reading each product that I was getting in my Glam Room, I felt that they did a good job picking items for me (comparing what I got to the other items other people could have got this month).

On to my goodies!

Pacifica Mineral Eyeshadow Duo in Celestial and Opal
 I couldn't find single eyeshadows on the Pacifica site but I found a quad with 4 shadows. It was $14.00 for 4 shadows so I'm just estimating this at $3.50 for one. It is a pretty big shaodw size in general. After swatching these colors I thought that the duo was really pretty! The pink is very pearlescent which I loved. The bronze is also a nice color too. Not too orange. After using them, I found that the bronze applies very nicely. I layered it with a matte light brown color. I will def use this color again in the future. I was a bit disappointed with the pearl/pink color. It wasn't as pigmented on my lids as I hoped it would be. I may have to use another color underneath to get this to really show up. I did have a shadow base on so it surprised me. If I don't end up using on m lids again, it will be a nice color to add to the inner corners of my eyes. I still liked this duo in general though.

Hey Honey Take It Off! Exfoliating Honey Peel Off Mask
When I first saw this, I was surprised at how small it was. I thought the sample was going to be a bit bigger. The full size mask is 1.7 oz and cost $35.00. This deluxe sample is 10 ml and cost about $7.00.  I'm not a huge fan of peel off masks but this came off pretty easily in big patches. I was expecting this product to look and smell like honey but it did not. It kind of smelled like hair spray. I liked this mask and it made my face feel smooth after but I would not pay $35.00 for the full size product.

Eva NYC Therapy Session Hair Mask $12.00
I was happy to see this in my bag. I want to start using hair masks at least once every week or so. This is actually a full size product which is cool. It retails for $12.00. This smells amazinggggg and really did make my hair feel softer and silkier after using it. I might even buy this once I run out.

Jersey Shore Sun Sans Tan Anti Aging Sunscreen $12.50
I was not excited at all to see sunscreen in my bag. If I want sunscreen I will go to CVS and buy it myself. However, I have a million bottles of sunscreen already so I really don't need another one. This is another deluxe/travel size. Its $25.00 for a pack of two of these travel size sunscreens. That is pretty outrageous to me. I would never spend that much on sunscreen, nevermind two small little tubes of it. The cost of this sample is about $12.50. This will probably get passed along to my mother who is far whiter than me.

derma e Microdermabrasion Scrub $14.63
After trying the dr. brandt Microdermabrasion scrub last month, I really liked it. I wouldn't buy it though because of the price. This smells and feels very similar but is actually half the price of the dr. brandt scrub. The full size product is 2 oz and costs $29.95. The sample is 1 oz and cost about $14.63. This is a pretty decent size sample. I have used it once and really like it. 

I really thought this bag was cute. The only other bag that I have actually liked was the first bag that I got (black shiny studded bag from the December Glam Bag). I liked the material of this bag and how it isn't as stiff. I can get away with putting more lipsticks in this bag since it doesn't have a pronounced shape. The design on it is cute too.

Here are pictures of me wearing the Pacifica Mineral Eyeshadow Duo. On my brow bone I have Birch from the Movties Mavens Element Palette. I used Native (same palette) as my transition color (matte soft brown). I have the pearly/pink shade on my lid from the Pacifica Shadow Duo and the Bronze color on my crease and lower lash line.

Overall, I was happy with this month's bag. I did wish it had more makeup in it though. All of the items that I got this month added up to about $49.63. This is a great deal considering that the bag only cost me $10.00. I can't say enough good things about Ipsy and can't wait to see what I get next month.


Are you interested in learning more about Ipsy or signing up? Click my referral link HERE.

Have you tried any of these products? What did you think of them? What did you get in your Ipsy bag? Post your comments below.

-Tanya xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...