Header/Navigation Bar

Monday, May 19, 2014

Review: Anastasia Dipbrow in Auburn

Hi Ladies,
After all the hype I have seen throughout the blogger world, I finally decided to try out Anastasia's Dip Brow. I previously swatched the colors Chocolate and Auburn. Both looked super dark but I decided to buy Auburn since my hair is dyed a reddish color. 
I am really loving this product but I will admit that am having some issues working with it. I LOVE the creaminess of it and how nicely it blends. I also love that it stays all day and is super pigmented. You only need very little product. That seems to be the issue that I am having.


I apply the dipbrow with my MAC 208 Brow Brush. I try to use very little product but because my eyebrows are pretty full in some areas, I have to dip it in a couple times. I first make a line across the underside of my thickest part of my brow. I do this to make it even on both brows since my right brow has spaces. I then take that product and bring it upward in the thick mid section of my brow. I also use a spoolie to blend it out. I sometimes don't have enough product to completely fill in the spaces so I have to use more product. Next, I re-dip my brush to square off the start of my brows. Both of my brows start in slanted directions but are not quite the same. I try to get them to look as even as possible. Next, I re-dip to extend the tail of my brow.

After blending out, I go in with my Real Techniques Detailer Brush and concealer and clean up around the edges on my brows. Lastly, I comb my brows in place with my Anastasia Clear Brow Gel.


The issue that I am facing is that I have had several people ask my what I am doing differently to my brows and that they look darker. That is not a compliment to me and is actually kind of annoying. It tells me that my brows are looking fake and not natural. I don't mind them looking too perfect to be real but I don't want them looking to dark and weird looking.

I have tried my best to try to use less product but I honestly don't feel that I am using ALOT. I lightly dip the brush and sometimes even dab the brush on a paper towel before applying.

I don't think it is the product that is the issue but rather me not mastering the technique yet. I won't give up on this product because I really like it. I just don't like people telling my my eyebrows look too dark or uneven etc.

Here are some close ups of my brows with and without the Dipbrow. 

Brows without product

Brows with Dipbrow and clear brow gel
 
As you see, my brows don't look THAT different. They are just more filled in and cleaned up.

Overall, this is a great product and I think is definitely worth the $18.00 that it costs. This little pot will last me forever. If only I could have Anastasia show me how to shape my brows and get them as beautiful as the pictures that I see on her Instagram. 

***Update: I have been using this for over a month now. I think that I am finally getting the hang of making it look a little more natural.***

Have you tried Dipbrow? Have you experienced any issues like I am having? Post your comments below!

-Tanya xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...