Header/Navigation Bar

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

My Nightly Skincare Routine/HSN Collaboration


Hi Ladies,
As most of you know, skincare is a very important topic relating to beauty. You can cake on all the makeup that you want to cover blemishes and imperfections, but starting with a good skincare routine would help tremendously. Instead of covering these issues up, you could be taking steps to prevent them.

Jackie from HSN (Home Shopping Network) contacted me and asked if I would be interested in posting a write up from one of HSN's beauty experts, Carly Woods. The article talks about the importance of night time skincare routines and which products you should be using. 

You can read the article here: http://community.hsn.com/t5/HSN-Blogs/4-Overnight-Products-You-Should-be-Using/ba-p/539738

HSN also has a newly updated skincare page that features a bunch of skincare tips. You can check that out here: http://www.hsn.com/shop/skin-care/bs0011

I totally agree that having a nightly skincare regimen is super important. Not only are you helping hydrate and nourish your skin, you are also helping fight the signs of aging. I have read in many articles that your skin does the most repairing and skin cell regeneration at night. This is why it is so important to take care of your skin not only during the day, but at night as well.

As a teen, I wasn't huge on skincare but I did clean and moisturize my face daily. I used the ever so popular Neutrogena Oil Free Acne wash twice a day and and mosturized with the old school Olay Complete Moisturizer. That was my routine. I was very good about taking off my makeup each night. I didn't really start learning about skincare until college when I worked for Estee Lauder. Making sure that you are consistently doing the same routine each night makes completing these steps a lot easier.

Here is a breakdown of my nightly skincare routine and the products that I use:

ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS remove your makeup before bed!- If there is one tip you should take from this post, please keep this one in mind. Sleeping with your makeup on is so terrible for your skin. Your makeup has been sitting on your skin all day. You need to give it time to breathe. It also clogs your pores and can cause breakouts/acne. 

I currently use the e.l.f. Studio Makeup Remover Cleansing Cloths. They go for about $3.00 for a pack of 20 and can be purchased online on the e.l.f. site or in stores at your local Target.


Wash and cleanse your face.- After removing your makeup you need to clean it with a cleanser or exfoliator. My favorite cleanser is the Clarins One Step Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser with Orange Extract. For $35.00 a tube, this stuff is a bit pricey. I have been hooked on this brand for years and love that I can use this exfoliator without it being too harsh on my skin. Some people don't like gritty cleansers while others aren't willing to spend that kind of money on skincare which is fine. There are plenty of great drugstore brand cleansers like the new Garnier Clean+ Line. I recently used their Blackhead Eliminating Scrub for oily skin and really liked it.


Apply a face oil.- Some people do not like face oils but I love them. Face oils help rebuild, refresh, and rejuvenate skin. Some also have anti aging benefits. At night, I apply a couple drops of the Tarte Maracuja Oil to my face before my moisturizer. For $46.00, this oil is kind of pricey but if you read my review of this product, you know that I have worked around that. There are plently of other face oils on the market, you just need to find the right one for you.


Apply a moisturizer.- Applying a moisturizer is also a very important step in my nightly routine. I am currently using the Kate Somerville Oil Free Moisturizer. I wanted to try out a new brand of skincare and my face has been very oily lately so I chose this one. I was previously using the Estee Lauder Daywear Advanced Multi-Protection Anti-Oxidant Creme Oil-Free Broad Spectrum. I used this for years but wanted to try a lighter product.


Apply an eye cream- Your under eyes need just as much T.L.C. as the rest of your face. The skin under your eyes are super delicate and thin. I apply my eye cream last in my nightly skincare routine. I am currently using the Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Cream. I recently purchased the Benefit It's Potent! Eye Cream to try out a less expensive eye cream option. 


***EXTRA***
Apply a face mask.- About one or twice a week I like to add an extra step to my nightly skin routine. I use a face mask after my normal cleanser to get deep down into my skin and get all the dirt and grime out. I love how clean and fresh my face feels after using a mask. A few masks that I have been using over the past couple months are the Lush Mask of Magnaminty, Freeman Feeling Beautiful Avocado and Oatmeal Facial Clay Mask, and the Freeman Feeling Beautiful Dead Sea Minerals Facial Anti-Stress Mask.

Congrats in getting through my longest post yet! I hope that you enjoyed reading my skincare routine and that it has helped and/or informed you in some way. 

**I am in no way a skin care expert. These steps and products are what works for me personally and may not be right for you. I was not compensated in any way for writing this post.

What is your nightly skincare routine? Which skincare products do you recommend? Post your comments below!

-Tanya xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...