Header/Navigation Bar

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Makeup Purge

Hi Ladies!
Beauty blogger Kate from Kate Spitz has a blog series called Collection Clean Up where she lists products that she hasn't used in a while, and decides what she is keeping and what she is getting rid of. Since I have purchased a bunch of products lately, I decided to purge some of my makeup that I don't like or don't use anymore. Thank you Kate for inspiring me to do this post!

Here are the items that I am getting rid of:
Instead of deciding whether or not I will be keeping some of these products, I am just going to pass them on to family and friends. 

Eyeshadow Palettes
Nyx Love in Florence Bellini  Kiss Palette-I did a review on this palette here. It doesn't have the greatest pigmentation so it just sits in my makeup drawer. Most of my family and friends are not nearly as critical of makeup as me. 

Bobbi Brown Hot Cocoa Palette- I won this in Facebook contest and did a review on it here. Although this packaging is beautiful and some of the colors have good pigmentation, others are so light they barley show up on me. My family/friends are going to have duke it out for this palette. I am only giving it up because I have SO MANY other palettes. I would rather have this get used and get some love from someone else.

Stila Living the Life in Laguna Palette- This is an older palette that I used quite a bit. The colors are pinks/purples. It has decent pigmentation but once again, its just getting no love because all of my newer palettes. This will probably go to my younger cousins as play makeup.

Sephora Plum Daze Bling Palette- I got this for Christmas and think the colors are pretty but don't love the pigmentation (which is really big for me). It was only used once so its a shame that its going to waste. 

Cheek and Face Products
Stila Convertible Cheek Color in Peony- I didn't really get a chance to like this product because it is just too light for my skin tone. I will glady pass this to one of my paler family members.

Tarte Cheek Stain in Flush-I don't like the consistency of this product. Too sticky for my liking.

Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser-This product just didn't work for me. Hopefully the new owner will have more luck with it.


Mascaras and Eyeliners
I tried out a bunch of different eyeliners and mascaras between Nov-Feb. These are the products that didn't work for me. The mascaras will prob just get thrown away since they are getting old. I know you are "supposed" to share eye products but I do with family members and close friends. Most of the eye products that I give away have only been use a few times anyways.

e.l.f. Precision Liquid Eyeliner-This was on the liquidity side and the tip was super thin. I struggle with those type of lines so I'm passing it along.
e.l.f. Waterproof Eyeliner Pen-This was weird and almost had a comb like tip. I just didn't like it.
L'Oreal Butterfly Mascara- I did a review on a bunch of mascaras here. I just didn't like the comb on this.
Nyx Le Frou Frou Mascara- This mascara was O.K. it just didn't give me enough drama.

Concealers/Correctors
MAC Prep and Prime Beauty Balm-This BB cream didn't wow me. It didn't give me nearly enough coverage and made me kind of oily.
e.l.f. Maximum Coverage Concealer- I used this concealer religiously before I was introduced to the Nyx HD Photogenic Concealer. This does not give maximum coverage like it claims. I would call it light/medium coverage. 
Garnier Skin Renew Dark Circle Eye Roller-I also used this product on my dark circles before finding the Nyx products. It would say this is more of a brightener than concealer. This is old and needs to be trashed.

Lip Products
Since I have a million lip products, getting rid of some that I don't use seems like a good idea.

Tarte Lip Glosses- I got all of these little guys in my Tarte of Giving Holiday Set. I just don't like the stickiness of these glosses. Some have never even been used while others have only been swatched. You can see swatches of these glosses here.

UD Lip Gloss Sample-This gloss wasn't anything special. It gives a sheer hint of color but I like more pigmented glosses.

Mica Beauty Lip Balm in Fiesta-This color is really pretty but super drying on my lips.

Too Faced Glamour Gloss-This is just really old. It didn't get much use as you can see. I believe it came in a kit. Since I have so many other glosses, this just got lost in the sea of glosses in my makeup drawer.

Well, that about sums up my makeup pruge. I want to start doing this once every few months. If I am going to continue to purchase new makeup, I NEED to get rid of stuff that is old or getting no love. I also feel better about new purchases when I am giving stuff away that I don't use.

Have you tried any of these products? How often do you purge your makeup? Post your comments below!

-Tanya xoxo

HAVE YOU ENTERED MY GIVEAWAY? CHECK IT OUT HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...