Header/Navigation Bar

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Revlon Lip Collection

Hi Ladies!
I know I'm a little late in the game, but I wanted to share my Revlon lip collection with you. Before participating in the Beauty Crow Awards, I was not aware of all the amazing drugstore products out there. Revlon lip products being some of them. I wanted to share my small collection of lippies and my thoughts on each.

Here is my collection:

Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm in Unapologetic and Sultry

Here is what is said about these lip products on the Revlon site:
"Velvety Matte Look. Moisture Rich Balm. A Matte finish that’s beyond plush. Balm that’s beyond comforting. Our Triple Butter Complex of Shea, Coconut and Mango butters nourishes lips. In 10 collectible, craveable colors."


Sultry was the first Revlon lippie that I purchased. Several beauty bloggers raved about these so I decided to try them out. Unapologetic is a hot pink and Sultry is a more neutral Mauve/Rose Pink color. Both are lovely but Sultry is a more wearable color for an everyday look. These are both very pigmented and have great staying power. I love the matte look that these create. They are a little drying on me, so I always put on some lip balm or chap stick before applying them.

Revlon ColorBurst Lacquer Balm in Coy and Vivacious
These products have the same moisturizing benefits and ingredients as the Matte Balms but have a high shine lacquer finish. Coy is a brown with red tones while Vivacious is a pink-raspberry color. They are also have great pigmentation but wear off a bit quicker than the Matte Balms due to their glossy formula. However, these are a bit more moisturizing than the Matte Balms for obvious reasons. I like the look of the Matte Balms a little better. These are great if you prefer shine over a matte look.

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey
Here is what is said about this product on the Revlon site:
"It’s a pampering balm fused with a lightweight lipstain in an adorable chubby crayon. Revlon Colorburst Balm Stain gives softer, smoother lips with a perfect flush of color that lasts hour after hour. The gel formula comes in 10 vibrant shades that match any look or mood."


This  balm stain in Honey gives more a subtle color while moisturizing at the same time. I like to wear this on days that I want a more natural look. I only own one of these so I can't say much about any of the other colors in the collection. 

Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie, Pink Truffle, and Wild Watermelon
Berry Smoothie is a Pinkish-Berry, Pink Truffle is a Rose Pink with a brownish tint, and Wild Watermelon is a bright pink with a tint of red. Of all the Revlon lip products from above, these are the most moisturizing and least pigmented. These do not have a ton of color payoff but do add a nice tint while moisturizing your lips at the same time. They are really creamy and soft and glide on very smooth. I usually use these at work when my lipstick has worn off and I want to put something on to moisturize my lips. 

All of these Revlon products are sold at all drugstore and range in price from about $6-8.00 depending on sales etc. I would recommend all of these lip products. I would not recommend the lip butters if you are looking for a high pigmented lipstick. I would recommend more as a tinted lip balm. If you are looking for a high pigmented and moisturizing lipstick then I would recommend the Nyx Butter Lipsticks instead.

Do you have any of these Revlon Lip Products? Which about the above products are your favorites? What are your favorite colors? Post your comments below!

-Tanya xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...