Header/Navigation Bar

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Review: Stitch Fix-Fix #7

Hi Ladies!
Today I am going to share with you my 7th Fix from Stitch Fix! For those of you unfamiliar with Stitch Fix, it is a personal styling subscription service. You can learn more about Stitch Fix and see my previous Fixes on my Subscription Reviews page. For this fix, I made a note to my stylist Jenni asking her to send me a maxi dress. 

Here is what she sent me:
$44.00
I really liked this dress. It was a bit more than I would normally spend but it fit me well and was comfortable. I also liked that the plain enough that I could accessorize in a ton of different ways.
$28.00
The instant I took this shirt out of the box, I knew I didn't like it. It wasn't really my style and I knew the fold over neckline was going to be a pain. When I tried it on, I was right. The fold down flap was very awkward and the shirt was on the tight side. The only thing that I liked about it was the price. This was a flop.
$34.00
When I first saw this shirt, I liked the cute pattern and the mixed fabric materials. What I was unsure about was the size and the asymetrical fold on the front. The shirt looked big and I wasn't sure that I liked the front cross part of the blouse. When I tried it on, I was pleasantly surprised. The shirt actually fit me well and I thought that it looked cute on. One thing that I noticed when trying it on though, it is a bit low cut for me with my small boobs, so I will have to wear a tank top under it. I was happy with the price too.
$48.00
I really liked this shirt when I first took it out of the box. When I tried it on, it fit me perfectly. I love that I can wear this now and into the summer. I love the leopard print and color block design. For $48.00, it is a bit expensive for my liking.
$44.00
This was the first shirt that I pulled out and I love the pattern and color right away. When I tried it on, it was a bit tight on my upper arms and shoulders but that is because I have broad shoulders. The rest of the shirt fits me great.

I really loved most of this box and would have definitely bought the whole thing is it wasn't for that pink shirt. If I bought all the items in the box, it would have been $133.50 (with 25% discount, minus $20.00 styling fee already paid, and minus $25.00 referral credit). If I was to only buy 4 of the 5 items, it would have cost me $170.00 (minus $25.00 credit) = $145.00. I would have ended up spending more money if I only bought the four items. Because of this, I emailed my stylist to see if they could swap out the pink shirt for another one. She told me this is not something they could do. So, I had to make the decision of keeping the whole box and a shirt I would not wear or returning two items.

What items did I decide to keep?

I decided to keep the zig-zag top, the leopard color block top, and the arrow top. I decided to give up the dress since it wasn't as unique as the other items. Also, because I could find a more inexpensive maxi at Charlotte Russe or Forever21. As I'm sure you have figured out, I also sent back the pink top. The three tops that I kept totaled to $126.00. After subtracting my $25.00 referral credit it came to $101.00. Since I already paid the $20.00 styling fee, my balance was $81.00.

Overall, I was bummed that I didn't keep the maxi dress but I was very happy with the pieces that I kept. I will be skipping my May fix since I have my birthday coming up and my husbands too! Our birthdays are a day apart. Our anniversary is also in May! My next fix will be coming in June. I asked Jenni to send me some fun pieces for my upcoming trip to Mexico!

Are you interested in learning more about Stitch Fix or signing up for your first fix? Click my referral link HERE!

What are your favorite pieces from above? Post your comments below!

-Tanya xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...