Header/Navigation Bar

Monday, April 21, 2014

Review: Ipsy Glam Bag April 2014

Hi Ladies!
March has come and gone and now April is almost over! That means another Ipsy bag has arrived! If you are unfamiliar with Ipsy, it is a monthy beauty subscription service. For $10.00 a month, you get 4-5 deluxe to full size products. It is SO worth your money. I think it is one of the greatest beauty subscription services around. The value of the products that you get each month ALWAYS surpass the cost.  I usually get my bag the 3rd week of the month. It came a bit early this month which was great. This months theme is Beauty Rocks! I was really happy to see that we were ALL getting some higher end products. I was really excited to try out some of the things in my bag this month. I wasn't disappointed about anything which was a plus.

Here are the items that I recieved this month:

Cailyn Tinted Lip Balm in Apple Pink $19.00
I was really excited to see this product. It is full size and I have heard of the brand before through Ipsy. I was hoping to get the brighter colored lip balm but got the color Apple Pink instead. It is a very pretty coral/pink color. I was very impressed with the color pay off. It is very pigmented. I also loved that a little brush comes with the pot so that you don't have to put you finger into the product. What I wasn't impressed with was the drying effect it has on your lips. As with the Mica Beauty "lip balm" that we recieved in our bag a few months ago, this product was very drying and should not be considered a lip balm. I really wish this was moisturizing because I like the color. It just didn't work well on my lips. Even with Chapstick applied beforehand, it was still quite dry.

City Color White Gold Shadow and Highlight Mousse $3.99
I was happy to see this in my bag as well. I was interested in the product and couldn't wait to try it out. The color is beautiful. I tried it as a highlighter which I didn't like. It has too much shimmer. I think it will be beautiful as a shadow base. This was also a full size product.

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil Travel Size $6.33
I thought it was really great that everyone recieved this travel sized Urban Decay liner. I found a couple sets online that had travel sized liners and they cost $19.00-$22.00 for 3 and 4 liners. This puts one liner around $5.50-$6.33 each. The texture of this liner is much different than the other 24/7 black liner that I have (Zero). It seems more matte/flat black. I went to use it as a liner the other day. I didn't like how it looked with the rest of my eye makeup so I used liquid liner over it. I think this will be great for a smokey eye. So I will try that look next.

dr. brandt Microdermabrasion $9.75
I was interested in this but after seeing the price of this full sized product ($78.00) I kinda hope I don't end up liking it lol. Its great we get to try out an expensive product but I am not willing to spend that kinda money on a product like this. I haven't tried it so I don't have much more to say.

Big Sexy Hair Root Pump $2.70
This is a sample/travel size and is 1.6 oz. The full size product is 10.6 oz and costs $17.95. I haven't heard great things about this product but I am still willing to give it a try . I like wearing my hair scrunched/curly-ish in the summer and use mousse so if I end up liking this product, I will probably buy it.

This is the bag we go this month. I think it is cute. I like that it is a different material than previous months.

Overall, I was happy with the bag that I got. I didn't get anything that I hated. I will def use/try out everything that I got. I am still going to try to use the Cailyn lip balm because I think the color is pretty. I may use it with a light colored lip gloss or something to prevent it from being too drying. This month my products totaled to be worth about $41.77 which is way more than the $10.00 I paid. I still think this is a great subscription service and highly recommend it.

Are you interested in learning more about Ipsy or signing up? Click my referral link HERE.

Have you tried any of these products? What did you think of them? What did you get in your Ipsy bag? Post your comments below.

-Tanya xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...