Header/Navigation Bar

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Review: Too Faced Bulletproof Brows

Hi Ladies! 
So I recently ran out of eyebrow pencil and decided I wanted to try a brow pomade. What I really hate about retractable brow pencils is that you can never tell when you are going to run out. I originally went to Ulta to try out Anastasia's Dipbrow, but the colors are just too dark for me. I hear that they are coming out with some medium and light browns so I am hoping some of the newer colors will match better. 

Instead of the Dipbrow, I ended up with Too Faced's Bulletproof Brows. This product is a powder, gel, pencil, and setting wax all in one.  It has a clay consistency. The product claims to dry in 60 seconds and is smudge proof. It also comes with a double ended brow tool that has an angeled brush on one end and a spooley on the other. The kit costs $30.00 and you can purchase it at Ulta, Sephora, and on the Too Faced website.


When I was at Ulta, I tried on the color Universal Taupe because the Universal Brunette looked too dark. I had Anastasia's Dipbrow in Chocolate on my other brow so comparing the two, the Taupe seemed to look right. Later that night when I was putting the product on, I noticed that I needed a lot of product to get the Taupe to be dark enough for my brows. It almost gave them an ashy look but they didn't look bad. I also had a hard time extending the tail of my brow.
The next day, I decided to go back to Ulta and try the Universal Brunette. Although I didn't dislike the Taupe, I didn't like the fact that I needed to use a fair amount of product to get my brows dark enough. Also, I have some bald spots on my right brow and the Taupe didn't do a great job of covering them.
Even though the Universal Brown was a little dark to me at first, I didn't need to use as much product and decided to exchange the Taupe for the Brown. The Brown still doesn't cover my bald spots as good as my MAC Brow Pencil but I am happy overall with the look that it creates. It blends nicely and isn't super dark. It can however build up to a darker brown. One thing that I don't like about the product is that it is a little crumbly when you dip your brush into it. 
(This is the Taupe)

Here are swatches of the Universal Brunette Brow Color:


Here is the brow tool that comes with the Bulletproof Brows:

I really am not impressed with the angled brush side of the brow tool. I don't think it works well to apply the product. The brush is too thick for my liking and the product doesn't apply well with it. I had a hard time extending the tail of my brow with this brush but soon found out that I am still having a hard time with the MAC 208 brush that I am now using. The spooley end works great at brushing out my brows and at spreading the color throughout my brows nicely. 

Here is a picture of me with my brows natural and not filled in:

Here is a picture of me with my brows filled in with Bulletproof Brows:

Overall, I am happy with this product. If I had to give it a grade, I would give it a B+. It does the job but it does need a little improvement. I also think it is a little pricey. If Too Faced sold it without the brow tool, it would be around the same price as other brow pots. I still want to try Anastasia's Dipbrow once she comes out with more colors. I felt that you needed much less of their product when I tried it out. It is also more creamy. I would recommend this to anyone that also feels that Anastasia's colors are too dark but want to try out a product that is similar.

Do you have this product or have you tried it? What are your thoughts? Post your comments below!

-Tanya xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...