Header/Navigation Bar

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Review: Nyx Stay Matte But Not Flat Liquid and Powder Foundation

Hi Ladies!
I'm here to review some more Nyx products with you. In this post, I will be reviewing their Stay Matte But Not Flat Liquid and Power Foundation.

Stay Matte But Not Flat Liquid Foundation
According to the Nyx site:
"Stay Matte But Not Flat Liquid Foundation provides full coverage of mineral enriched matte finish. The oil-free and water-based formula is perfect for the studio or all day long!"

I barley ever wear liquid foundation and decided to venture out and try this one. I was interested to see how this mattifying foundation would work for me since I have been quite oily lately. When I got the foundation, I noticed right away that it sounded really watery when you shook the bottle. Not that this is a big deal but I have never seen a foundation that watery before.

When I put it on, I noticed right away that this was not quite the right color for me. When placing the order, I looked at the colors online and guessed that I was Soft Beige. It is described as for people with "light-medium skin tone with beige undertones". I would definitely say that I have that type of skin tone and I wear Medium Beige in my Bare Minerals Foundation. I also got color matched at Sephora and several of the foundations have "Beige" in the name that would match me. Soft Beige had too much of a yellow pigment in it for me. It wasn't a HORRIBLE match so I decided to try it out anyways.

Besides the color, the foundation itself  was not a full coverage in my opinion. Because I wasn't happy with the coverage, I paired it with the powder foundation which made it look better. I used a power brush and lightly applied so that it didn't look cakey. The foundation did help some what with oil control but not completely.

Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation
The powder is said to be mattifying and help with oil control. The Soft Beige still wasn't a perfect match for me but it was less obvious that the Liquid Foundation. I would say that you could get a decent coverage with this powder but be careful because if you put too much on it will look cakey. I only used this with a large powder brush (as opposed to a buffer brush or kabuki brush which would give more coverage) since I already had on the liquid foundation.

Overall, I wasn't super impressed with either of these products. I still prefer my Bare Minerals Loose Powder Foundation over them. They just didn't work for me. It could be partly because I wasn't happy with the color..but the coverage wasn't super either.  I would say that the Stay Matte But Not Flat powder foundation was better than their liquid one. Because these items are fairly inexpensive, you could try them out for yourself and see if you like them.

Do you have either of these foundations? What do you think of them? Post your comments below!

-Tanya xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...