Header/Navigation Bar

Monday, March 3, 2014

Review: NYX Concealers

Hi Ladies!
Today I am going to review some Nyx concealers. As you will see below, I have dark circles and have had them my whole life. I have searched high and low for a concealer that would covered them completely and not look like I have a ton of product on my face. I have used stuff that was too dark and made my circles worse and concealers that were too light and made them look gray. I have also tried products that made my dark circles look orange. Besides reviewing the products, I will show you how I use each of them.



NYX Dark Circle Concealer in Light
I have read that concealers with an orange tint will counteract the blue/purple of dark circles. Many makeup gurus have also recommended products with an orange tint. I found the Nyx Dark Circle Concealer in Light on the Ulta site. I was really happy to read that it had an orange tint and was made with Coconut Oil.

Here is what is said about the product on the Nyx Site:
"A serious solution for one of beauty’s most challenging problems! No fancy names, just a product that can be counted on to do the job. The product glides on without looking thick or obvious. Coconut oil provides intensive moisture and ensures no caking. The subtle hint of orange counteracts the appearance of dark circles, while natural skin-toned pigments work in unison to provide the ultimate coverage."

Here is a picture of my right eye (left in the picture) with just the Dark Circle Concealer and my left eye (right in the picture) with no makeup on at all. Each picture below, my left eye (right in the picture) will stay untouched for comparison purposes.



As you can see, the Dark Circle Concealer already gives a good mount of coverage to my eye. The texture of the product is creamy but not thick. It goes on easy and is not cakey at all. I apply it with my ring finger.

NYX HD Photogenic Concealer in Yellow and Beige

Here is what is said about the product on the Nyx website:
"This lightweight cover-up obscures imperfections, discoloration and under eye circles, without ever looking cakey or obvious. Little wonder the Concealer Wand is one of our best-sellers. The concentrated, emollient-rich formula goes on like a dream, and creates medium to heavy coverage. Use the lavender for sallow skin, the green to reduce the appearance of redness and the yellow for under-eye darkness."

I have read a lot of good things about this concealer so I decided to pick it up. When I went to Ulta, they were all out of the Beige, so I just picked up the Yellow. As it states above, the Yellow is supposed to minimize the appearance of dark circles. I would say it did this, but not as much as I would have liked. This may be enough coverage for someone elses's dark circle, but not mine. The formula is on the lighter side but not watery. I decided to order the Beige online since I wasn't 100% satisfied with the result of the Yellow on its own. I felt that the Beige had decent amount more coverage and worked great on my other imperfections too. I was really surprised at how good the coverage was. The formula is not too thin but not too thick either. I would say its just the right amount of thickness without being too creamy. I haven't noticed that it creases much under my eyes which is a plus.

Here is my next step in covering my dark circles:
After using the Dark Circle Concealer, I use the Nyx HD concealer in Beige. As you see below, adding the Beige on top of the Dark Circle Concealer adds even more coverage under my eyes. It does not look thick or cakey and blends in fairly easy. These photos were taken with the flash so my dark circles look to have completely disappeared on my right eye (left in picture). That is not the case in real life but they are significantly minimized and less noticeable. (I tried taking pictures without the flash but they were coming out horrible and blurry)




Here is a picture with my right eye concealed (left in picture) and my left eye left natural (right in picture).
To Take it a step further, I add a few light dots of the HD Photogenic Concealer in Yellow on top of the Beige to counter act any blue that may still show through and almost as a highlight under the eyes. The difference is very subtle and I can barley tell the difference myself. I may not need the Yellow it just has become part of my routine and I am happy with the results.
Here is the finished result with the rest of my face products added:

























Overall, I definitely recommend all 3 of these products. I may even consider the HD Photogenic concealer HG status. If you have more of an issue with dark circles like me, I would say to def try the Nyx Dark Circle Concealer PLUS the Nyx HD Photogenic Concealer. You may or may not need the Yellow, it is all up to you. If you have dark circles but not as bad as me, you may only need to use either one or the other. For other imperfections such as pimples I would definitely recommend the Nyx HD Photogenic Concealer. I will be repurchasing both products when I run out. 

*I am not a professional makeup artist. These are my own thoughts and opinions of these products.What works for me may not necessarily be perfect for you.

Have you tried the HD Photogenic Concealer? What do you think about it? What is your favorite HG concealer for dark circles and imperfections? Post your comments below!

-Tanya xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...