Header/Navigation Bar

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Liebster Award




Hi Ladies! 

A fellow blogger Claire from Sprinkle of Claire (check out her blog) has nominated me for a Liebster Award! I am so excited and touched that someone would think to nominate me for any award. *UPDATE I was just informed that I was also nominated by Betti from Makeup' Asylum, Rhondine from I Am Born to Blossom, Sophie from Soapy Bubbles, and Beth from Beth and Beauty . Thanks Betti , Rhondine, Sophie, and Beth! Check out their blogs! These ladies have incredibly detailed reviews that are honest and super helpful! Sophie has also created a Google+ beauty community called Soapy Bubbles. Please be sure to join this community!

I was unfamiliar with what the Liebster Award actually was but have seen the name on Google+. A Liebster Award is an award to help promote new blogs and give them recognition. 

Thank you so much to all these ladies for nominating me!

Here are the Rules:
1.You must link the person who nominated you
2.You must answer the 11 questions set by the blogger who nominated you
3.You can't nominate the person who nominated you
4.You have to choose 11 people to nominate with under 200 followers
5.You must tell the nominees they have been nominated



Questions that I was asked by Claire:
1. Why did you start blogging? I started blogging because beauty and fashion are my passions. I wanted an outlet to talk about these topics an interact with other people that have similar interests as me.
2. Where do you see yourself in a year's time? Still blogging, maybe pregnant?, and  working on future career opportunities?
3. Favourite beauty product? Lipstick/lipgloss
4. Favourite blog? I read so many! The ones that I read the most are Beauty with Lily, My Pretty Obsessions, Shalunya and Boyet, Five Two Certified, and Beauty4Free2U.
5. Tea or coffee? Tea
6. Favourite hobbies? working out and reading young adult novels (mostly with romance, vampires, angels, and that jazz)
7. Skirts or shorts? shorts
8. What item can't you live without? My phone and lip gloss!
9. What is your favourite post on your blog? My favorite post to date is the Valentine's Day Collaboration that I recently did with Lily from Beauty with Lily, Jackie from Five Two Certified, Liz from My Pretty Obsessions, and Chelsea from Tiger Love Beauty. I really enjoyed working with these ladies and creating makeup looks and outfits,
10. What can we expect from your blog in the future? Maybe some video tutorials? Def more videos in general... Haul videos and reviews. Also, some more collaborations with other beauty bloggers.
11. How are you? I'm good! :)

Questions that I was asked by Betti:
1. What was your first makeup item you ever purchased??? Oh man, its been soooo long as I first started wearing makeup in 7th grade. It had to either be a Wet n Wild blue or silver eyeliner lol...yes I am guilty of wearing this. Or a brown Wet n Wild lipstick....I plead the 5th.
2. What was your first high end purchase??? My first high end makeup purchase had to be in 2005 when I started working at Filene's. I purchased an eye shadow and lip gloss from Clinique (this was High End to me at the time). My first non makeup high end purchased was in 2006 when I was working at Macy's and it was a Coach Purse.
3. Do you feel social media influences most of your buying decisions??? Most definitely. Before blogging, celebrities and tv personalities influenced my buying decisions. Now, other beauty bloggers heavily influence my buying decisions. I value their opinions very much.
4. What is your favourite food?? My favorite food is seafood. Specifically Scallops and Lobster. I don't eat lobster too often because of the price. But I usually get scallops often when going out to dinner.
5. You can only pack 5 makeup items what are they?
Concealer
Mascara
Lip gloss
Blush
Powder
6. Do you have any pets??? Yes, I have a 1 year old French Bulldog named Jax. I really wouldn't consider him a pet though. He is treated more like my son. I love him to pieces and he has QUITE the personality.
7. Who is your favourite designers if any??? or a brand if you prefer. I don't really have a favorite designer as I don't shop high end stores. My favorite stores are Express and H&M.
8. Do you truly believe there is a red lipstick for everyone??? Definitely. I know some people are scared of red but with the help of beauty advisors at Sephora, Ulta, or a makeup counter, you can def find a shade that works for you. I think that for people that don't wear bright colors...its more about getting used to seeing the color on their lips.
9. Halloween, Christmas, Valentines or Birthday's and why??? Christmas. Its really not about getting all the gifts and such. I really feel like Christmas brings out the kid in me. I still get excited to decorate and shop for my family and friends. I love watching Christmas movies with my husband (old favorites and new ones).  Also, in my family and my husbands, Christmas is a big holiday. My dads whole family gets together on Christmas Eve and my inlaws have a huge party that night too. On Christmas morning, my mother makes a huge breakfast which is a tradition that she continued from her mother. We all get together at my husbands grandmothers house later that day with his siblings, aunts and uncles, cousins etc. Christmas is very family oriented for us.
10. What do you feel is a drawback in the blog world??? This is more of a drawback of the internet than blogging, but I have met SO MANY great people and consider many of them my friends. It is kind of sad to think that I most likely will never meet most of these awesome people (unless we all can some how plan to meet up!). A drawback in the blog world is that it takes us away from reality. I don't know if am explaining this right but often, I find  myself GLUED to my phone or laptop. I get carried away writing my posts or commenting and reading other blogs. I find myself ignoring my husband and fur baby sometimes. I need to know when to stop and enjoy the company of the man right next to me.
11. If you could have a dream date with any celebrity who would you choose and why?? Hmmm this is hard. I really love Chris Brown but sometimes his personality is a little bit of a turn off. But I would die if I met him. He is an amazing singer and dancer and I think he is very sexy lol. If not Chris then definitely Adam Levine! Adam seems genuinely sweet and I love watching him on the voice. He def has that IT factor. Behati is a very lucky lady.

Questions asked by Rhondine:
How long have you been blogging? I have been blogging for about 5 months.
Who has been your biggest supporter since you've started your blog? My husband has been my biggest supporter. He has his own Jiu Jitsu website and encouraged me to start my own blog.
What are your favorite posts to read and write about? My favorite posts to read about are reviews as they are really helpful in helping me decide if I want to buy a product or not. My favorite posts to write are creative posts and make-up looks.
Have you ever experienced any negativity from readers on your blog? No, not yet.
How many lip products are you currently carrying in your makeup bag? Eek! About 25-30 the last time that I checked lol
What two beauty items (category eg. lipstick) can you not leave home without? Lipstick and lip gloss. I don't carry any other products besides maybe a blotting powder that I rarely use.
Quantity or Quality? Quality
What are your hobbies outside of blogging? I work out about 3-4 times a week but more to stay healthy than for fun. I love to read teen romance novels that include vampires, werewolves, angels etc.
What are you most excited about this Summer beauty wise? Coral and bronze looks. I love coming home from the beach an adding a little bit of bronze colored eye shadow, a little bit of highlighter, mascara, and a coral colored lip gloss. Those colors scream summer to me.
Where did you spend your last vacation and with whom? Mexico with my husband. I can't wait to go again this year!
What is your biggest fear when it comes to blogging? Being insignificant and/or people thinking that my blog is boring. I have had all positive and encouraging comments on my blog and I am very thankful for that. However, I have heard some really nasty things that were said to some vloggers and that scares me. I know you will always have people that want to bring others down to feel better about themselves, but I take things very personally and that would really upset me.

Questions asked by Sophie:
What inspired you to start blogging? My husband actually inspired me to start my
own blog. He has his own website where he talks about Jiu-Jitsu and Mixed Martial Arts. He suggested that I start my own blog.
What do you love to do in your spare time? In my spare time, besides blogging, I like to watch movies with my husband and get together with friends for dinner. 
What's your number 1 most important beauty tip? ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS take of your makeup before bed.
What's your biggest inspiration? My biggest inspiration would have to be a person. That person would be my mother. She has been through so much in life and is such a brave, strong, and independent woman.
Do you have any tips for anyone who wants to start blogging? Be prepared to spend a lot of time blogging in the beginning. Try not to get overwhelmed and understand that Rome wasn't built in a day. Everything takes time (I am still learning this myself). Lastly, though it is a lot of work, it is so worth it. I have met some amazing ladies through blogging.
What's your opinion on piercings and tattoos? To each their own. Everyone has their own ways of expressing themselves. I have a couple tattoos and piercings myself. Even though covering  my body with tattoos and piercings isn't for me, some people really like that look.
Naked 1 palette or Naked 2? Naked 3! I own all 3 Naked Palettes and am really loving the third. If I had to choose between the Naked 1 or 2 though, I would say the original because it is more versatile.
What's your pet peeve? Selfish and self centered people.
Your top 5 tv shows? Pretty Little Liars, Vampire Diaries, The Walking Dead, American Horror Story, and The Following.
What's a random fact about yourself? I got my appendix out in 5th grade.
Designer or High Street? I mainly shop at mall retailers like Express, H&M, and Forever21. I also buy from a personal styling service called Stitch Fix.

Questions asked by Beth:
What made you start a blog? I decided to start my blog to talk about things that I am passionate about and to interact with other people that have similar interests as me.
What is your favorite beauty tip? Besides always taking off your makeup before bed, never skip mascara in a look.
Heels or Flats? Why? Flats because they are comfortable and my husband is shorter than me.
Favorite High End makeup brand? Urban Decay or Too Faced
Do you own more high end or drugstore makeup? I own more high end but my drug store collection is growing.
Where do you see your blog in 5 years? Hopefully still growing and creating different opportunities for me.
Where is the one dream place you want to travel to? Italy!
If someone gave you $200 for makeup, where would you go and what would you buy? Sephora or Ulta. I would buy all the high end makeup that I have been holding off on trying because of the price.
Would you rather travel by car or fly? Def fly
What do you feel is your best strength? Probably my work ethic
What is your most expensive makeup product? Either my  Naked 3 Palette or my Too Faced  A Few of My Favorite Things Palette.

My 11 questions to you!

1.  What is your favorite thing about blogging?
2. What was your very first post about?
3. What is the hardest thing that you have encountered with blogging?
4. What is your favorite store to shop at?
5. Who has inspired you in your life?
6. What was the first makeup product that you have used?
7. What is your favorite movie?
8. What is the most that you have ever spent one a single beauty/skin care product?
9.  Summer or Winter?
10. Where is the furthest place from home that you have been?
11. Salty or Sweet?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...