Header/Navigation Bar

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Battle of the Volumizing Mascaras


Hi Ladies!

My M.A.C. Zoomlash mascara is drying up and starting to make my lashes look clumpy so I decided to try out some new mascaras. I really like mascaras that make my lashes full and dramatic. When purchasing them I look for ones that mention dramatic lashes or volume.

L'Oreal Voluminous Butterfly


I got this mascara in my stocking at Christmas so I tried this out first. I saw some good reviews on this so I was excited to try it. The wand is rubber/plastic and has a very weird shape. It is almost triangle shaped. Though it did a great job at separating the lashes without clumps, I had a really hard time using this. 


The shape of the brush had a lot to do with it. Also, it didn't do much to make my lashes look thick and dramatic. I tried this a couple times but just don't like it. I would not recommend this to a friend.

Nyx Le Frou Frou


I have never tried a Nyx mascara before so I decided to pick one up. I chose this one because it mentioned that it was a volumizing mascara. I didn't love this one but I didn't hate it either. 


I definitely don't think it did much to give my eyes a dramatic look but it did give a nice natural look to them. It didn't clump at all. The mascara itself was a little watery and not very thick. I would recommend this mascara to someone looking for more of a natural look.

Maybelline the Colossal Cat Eyes


After the Voluminous Butterfly being a dud, I tried this Maybelline mascara. The bristles are more the kind that I like but I was a little hesitant of the mascara because of the shape. I wasn't sure I was going to like it.


It turns out I was right. I was sure which way to use this wand either. Although it was a little bit easier than the previous, I still wasn't thrilled with the outcome of my lashes. It didn't give much more drama than the last. I didn't like this one either and returned it. I would not recommend this mascara either.

Rimmel ScandalEyes Flex


I have never used a Rimmel mascara before but a friend recommended the original ScandalEyes. The CVS near me did not have the original in stock so I tried this. Out of the 4 mascaras I have tried in the past month I liked this one the best.


As you can see this brush is HUGE. It has to be the biggest one I have ever seen! This was the easiest brush to use and did the best at volumizing my eyelashes and making them look dramatic. I didn't have any clumping but because of the size of this brush this may dry out fast. I would say that this mascara is very similar to the Better than Sex mascara by Too Faced. It gives you a very similar effect but costs a third of the price ($24.00 vs $8.00). I actually prefer this mascara. I would definitely recommend this.

Have you tried any of these mascaras? What do you think of them? What is your favorite mascara? Post your comments below!

-Tanya xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...