Header/Navigation Bar

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Review: Maybelline Baby Skin

Hi Ladies,
So I have heard many good things about Maybelline's new product Baby Skin. I went on a search for this stuff and 5 stores later, I found it! If you are unfamiliar with this product, it is a pore eraser. It does not fill in your pores but rather blurrs them to make them less noticeable. You use this kind of like a primer under your foundation. You mainly use this in the areas where you have larger pores. On me that is on and around my nose, on my forehead, and on my chin. 




After trying this out I have to say, I am a little disappointed. I did not notice a big difference in the "appearance" of my pores at all. After such good reviews I thought to myself, "am I doing something wrong?". I do not use liquid foundation. I only use concealer and Bare Minerals Loose Powder Foundation. Is this a factor in the Baby Skin not working as I hoped?  I have never used Benefit's POREfessional so I can't really compare it to that. I do use the e.l.f. Studio Mineral Infused Face Primer and I don't think it works any better than that. I guess you could say they work about the same in terms of making my pores appear smaller. Also, I feel like my T-zone has been more oily lately. I don't know if its from using this or using highlighters which I never really used before. I may go back to my e.l.f. primer to see if my face is as oily when using that. 

As unflattering as this is, here are three pictures of my face. One before I put on any makeup and the second two with the Baby Skin on under my makeup. This first picture is a little bit closer than the other two. So that could be why the pores are larger when you compare the two pics. My pores are definitely less obvious but I think it has more to do with the fact that the first picture is closer up.

before BabySkin and makeup

After Baby Skin and Makeup Day 1 


After Baby Skin and Makeup Day 2

After using the Baby Skin I was expecting my face to look flawless with no appearance of pores. May it would work better if I used a liquid foundation then a powder over it. I am going to continue to use it because I do think it helps my makeup stay fresh longer. I wouldn't say DON'T get the Baby Skin. For the $6-$7.00 it is worth trying it out to see if it works for you. I am interested to hear what other people think of the product.

Have you tried BabySkin? What are your thoughts? Have you ever tried Benefit's POREfessional? If so, does it work? Post your comments below!

-xoxo Tanya

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...