Header/Navigation Bar

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Holiday Look: Makeup Tutorial

Hi Ladies,
I had holiday pictures taken and figured I would do a makeup and hair tutorial to go along with my look. I didn't decide until AFTER I did my make that I was going to do my first video tutorial.




For my makeup I wanted a bright festive look. I decided to use a gold very shimmery/pearl shadow on my lids (Too Faced Honeymoon). I used a velvety shadow not something that was heavily glittered. I used a matte brown shadow on my crease (Too Faced Teddy Bear) and a white matte shadow on my brow bone(Too Faced In the Buff). After applying the matte brown I felt as if it didn't complement the lid color as much as I wanted so I went in with a warmer brown matte shadow with some specs of shimmer (M.A.C. Texture).






        




Next I used a blending brush to blend in the different colors where they met. I then went back in to highlight the sides of my nose bone into the inner crease of my lid with the gold shadow just to make my inner corners of my eyes pop. After doing so I lightly blended that area again. I then used the brown shades to line my lower lash lines.




Using a black liquid liner by e.l.f. cosmetics I lined my upper lash line and winged out a little on the outer corners. I followed this up with a few coats of black volume mascara (I used Zoom Lash in Black by M.A.C.).




For my face I used bareminerals loose powder foundation in Medium Beige. I used some concealer to cover my dark circles and blemishes (Judith August Orange Masking Creme). I set the powder and concealer with bareminerals Mineral Veil. To contour my cheeks and highlight areas of my face, I used Nars bronzer in Laguna. For blush, I chose e.l.f. mineral blush in Peachy. For my brows I lighly traced and filled them in with Lingering brow pencil by M.A.C.. I finished them off with Anastasia clear brow gel.




Lastly, for my lips I wanted a classic red to go with my holiday theme. First, I lined my lips with some red lip pencil that I own. I then chose Russian Red by M.A.C. for the lipstick.



Here is the finished look:






Next up...fixing my hair!

Stay Tuned for my Holiday Hair Tutorial related to this look!

What are your favorite holiday looks? Post your comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...