Header/Navigation Bar

Monday, October 21, 2013

Makeup Review: Urban Decay Naked Palette

Most of you makeup lovers have probably heard of the infamous Naked palette by Urban Decay. They also have come out with a Naked 2 palette. Both palettes have received rave reviews. I have not tried the Naked 2 but do own the original. I use this palette frequently and definitely think it is worth the $52.00 that it cost. The colors are very pigmented and last pretty long. After a long day the shadow does crease, but I find that this happens with most shadows. Especially if you have oily skin.







The colors that I use most often are Virgin,Sin, Sidecar, and Toasted. Virgin is the first color above. I use it mostly as a brow highlight. Sin is the color to the right of it. It is a shimmery pink. I usually use this on the lid. Sidecar is the fourth color in and is a beige with a heavy glitter.When I wear this I tend to put it on my whole lid and up past my crease. I then use Virgin to highlight my brow then blend the colors where they meet. I usually line my lower lashes with Sidecar. This is a quick effortless look. I rarely use the last two colors as they are too dark for my liking. When I do use them, I use them as a liner.

When I want a natural look but want a little more color I use the following: Sin on the lid, Virgin on the brow, and Toasted on the crease. I then line my lower lashes with Toasted and go back in with Virgin on the inner corner of my eyes and swoop upward going with the shape of my nose and brow bone.

Here are pictures of this look:



When I want a more dramatic look I will use Half Baked on the lid, Smog on the crease, Virgin on the brow bone, and then lightly add Darkhorse to the outer corners of my eyes. I usually line my bottom lashes with Smog then go in and use Darkhorse on the outer corners.

Here is a picture of me with this look. I tried to zoom in but its too blurry.


Here is a look using the Naked palette that I found on Pinterest . I love how it tells you the exact colors below and where to put them.



Here are other looks you can create from the palette.



 Naked palette! I have naked 2 but just ordered this and a couple other things! Can't wait to play!



After looking at a bunch of looks from the Naked 2 palette, I think I will invest in this soon.

Do you own the Naked or Naked 2 palette? How do you like it? I would love to hear you opinions or see pictures of different looks you have created. Comment below!

xoxo Tanya


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...